Question about Belling Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Belling microwave M385 TCS. When I tried to operate the microwave shook for 5 seconds making a terrible noise and all power cut out. It has been doing this intermittantly for two months but when switched off at the wall and then left for a while when it was reconnected it worked again for a while.

Posted by on

  • rupert_sykes Apr 09, 2011

    Can it be fixed and is it worth fixing?

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 8,909 Answers

That could be caused by condensation, causing insulation failure on the high voltage winding of the magnetron power supply.

Posted on Apr 07, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My belling BEL F-SE60DOMW microwave will not turn off


You might have a power relay with contacts stuck in the closed position. I'd also check the door switches to make sure both the primary and secondary are not stuck closed. It's an unlikely cause, but I'd check them anyway.

Dec 23, 2016 | Belling Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How do I replace bulb in belling m385 tcs


any I have looked at the entire shell has to be removed

Feb 24, 2015 | Belling Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Where can I get hold of a Belling BEL GT17SS microwave foot?


Temporarily, you can use a wine-bottle cork, cut to size. Mind your fingers!

Feb 13, 2015 | Belling Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We have a GE profile microwave with inverter tech that will come on for about 5 seconds then shut off. Unplug it and plug it back in it does the same thing. It lets off a terrible smell almost like a...


Remove vent grille, then remove control panel. Check wire to cavity thermostat. Sometime wire bundle and small space causes poor terminal connections on this thermostat and will burn wire terminal. Cut off bad part of the wire, install a small terminal end, reconnect to thermostat. If thermostat is destroyed, also replace thermostat.

Aug 13, 2014 | GE Profile Spacemaker 1.8 Cu. Ft....

1 Answer

My microwave won't heat anything up. The light comes on, the plate turns round and it makes all the right noises but it doesn't heat anything up.


Since the light and fan work the main board or the processor is working .Now identify the parts by clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html

As there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced.

See link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html

Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Thank You for using FIXYA.

Sep 17, 2011 | Belling Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Belling BEL-CJ/SS25 microwave


My Belling BEL-CJ/SS25 Microwave / oven / grill has recently developed a problem. Every time I close the door the turntable starts rotating, even when I'm not using it. It doesn't make a noise, and doesn't seem to be going into any cooking setting, and the light doesn't come on, but it turns until I open the door, when the light comes on and the turntable stops turning. This has only recently started happening, and nothing else seems to be wrong with it, Is this safe or should I get rid of it and buy a new one. The guarantee has expired so repair may be cost prohibitive.

Sep 04, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

GE JVM1650 Microwave Making Loud Noise


hello Frank. Sorry to tell you that the magnetron is going bad and making that terrible noise. Since the inside of a microwave, even unplugged has up to 2000 residual and deadly volts of electricity I recommend either calling a pro or replacing the unit.

Jul 12, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave works, new noise


It could be a bad magnetron, or it may be mild arcing due to food particles or grease on or behind the waveguide cover.

No microwave should ever be left unattended while running.

Jun 24, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Louder than normal noise when using and bad 'burning' smell


You need to stop using your microwave if it's burning. This is a common symptom of a blown magnetron. Using it in it's current condition is not only dangerous, but it will further damage other components in the high voltage circuit and/or waveguide. In many circumstances, damaging the waveguide renders a microwave non-repairable. A new magnetron will cost you around $100 if you wish to repair this yourself. NOTE: I would not recommend working in or around the high voltage circuitry unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Do not attempt to take any live voltage measurements or operate the oven with any of the protective covers removed or interlocks defeated. Voltage potentials of over 13,000 volts exist and are potentially dangerous. I hope this helps you.

Feb 20, 2008 | GE JVM1660 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Cut out during heating


Possible causes include a blown fuse or high voltage diode. A bad magnetron or power transformer are also possible. I recommend taking the oven to a repair facility, or scrapping it & getting a new one. Do not attempt to repair this yourself, as microwave ovens have voltages present inside which are INSTANTLY LETHAL, & there are no user servicable parts inside.

Jul 16, 2007 | Belling BIM60 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

236 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Belling Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Tim Rickards
Tim Rickards

Level 2 Expert

285 Answers

Are you a Belling Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...