Question about Computers & Internet
unfortunately, that virus needs to be removed manually, meaning a local technician. or if you think you're technical enough, you can download and install malwarebytes to remove that virus for you. but you have to make sure you know how to use it to avoid further errors on your pc.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
1. Check Task Manager for running processes associated with XP Home Security. Press Ctrl+Al+Delete on your keyboard or press the Windows button+R to open the the Run dialog box and type in "taskmgr" then press enter. Once the Task Manager windows is open, check the Applications Running and if you see XP Home Security or any program that you do not know, click on each of them then click End Task. Next, go to the processes tab, check if you see XP Home Security in the list and if you see it select it then click End Task. Also, check for processes that are named in random characters, example "qwertygsdfgrtyhsr.exe", if you see any select each of them then click End Task.
2. Next, look for files associated with XP Home Security and delete them. It usually creates files in these directories:
c:\Program Files\XP Home Security 2011
c:\Program Files\XP Home Security 2011\HS2011.exe
3. Check the Registry and deleted associated enties, press Windows button+R on your keyboard and type "regedit" in the Run box then press OK. XP Home Security 2011 creates entries in these directories:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "XP Home Security 2011?
4. Delete temporary files, you can use Ccleaner for this. You can download Ccleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download.
5. You need to update your installed antivirus application to have the latest database then run a thorough scan on your computer. If you don't have security software yet you can try Malwarebytes. You can download it from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php.
6. After the scans finished, restart the PC.
Hope this help.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop process associated to "XP Home Security 2011?. When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes Tab and find and end the following process:
2. You need to update your installed antivirus application to have the latest database.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and any detected threats must be removed. If removal is prohibited, it is best to quarantine the infected item. Manually locating and deleting of malicious files should also be performed. Please see files below that are related to XP Home Security 2011 Virus.
4. Registry entries created by XP Home Security 2011 must also be remove from the Windows system. Please refer below for entries associated to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor.
6. Get rid of XP Home Security 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. A windows containing System Configuration Utility will be launched. Go to Startup tab and uncheck the following Start-up item(s):
7. Click Apply and restart the computer.
XP Home Security 2011 Removal Tool:
In order to completely remove the threat from a computer, it is best to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Sometimes, Trojans will block the downloading and installation of MBAM. If this happens, download it from a clean computer and rename the executable file before executing on the infected computer.
Using Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
To thoroughly clean a computer, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected by anti-virus application can be remove as well. Download and run SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2015 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jun 07, 2011 | Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 1...
May 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2011 | YouTube Videos
May 10, 2010 | Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus:...
Apr 24, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Oct 27, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Oct 19, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jun 01, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition for PC
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: