Question about Sanyo VPC-WH1 High Definition Camcorder
Welcome to FixYa.
Before using the camera in under water, you have to secure that battery cover,card slot cover snd DC IN terminal cover are completely closed to prvent water from getting inside the camera and damaging it. Please note that the camera accessories are not waterproof.
Yes, Sanyo VPC-WH1 High Definition Camcorder is a waterproof camcorder, however you can not used it in all types of water. Below are the Cautions concerning use in water.
* The waterproof properties of the camera apply to fresh water and saltwater only. They do not apply to cleaning substances, chemicals or water from spas.
* Do not immerse in water at a depth greater that 3.0m (9.84ft)
* Do not subject the camera to high-pressure water.
* Do not immerse in water for longer than 60 minutes.
After 60 min. of use in water, allow it to dry for at least 10 min.
* Do not immerse in water that is warmer than 40 degree C.
* Do not open and close the battery cover, card slot cover or DC IN terminal cover with wet hands.
* Do not open and close the battery cover, card slot cover or DC IN terminal cover on the beach or at the poolside.
* Do not jolt the camera while it is immersed in water. doing so may cause the battery cover, card slot cover or DC IN terminal cover to open.
And one more thing that you have to do is to chaged/replaced the waterproof seals every year with new ones. For replacing the seals, please consult your dealer and take note that there is a fee for replacing the waterproof seals.
I hope this information will give you an idea on how to use your camera under water.
Feel free to send us your comments and suggestions.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2013 | Speedo Aquashot 9MP Blue Waterproof...
May 23, 2011 | Olympus Stylus 790SW Digital Camera
Apr 08, 2011 | Olympus Cameras
Jul 05, 2010 | Samsung Digimax A402 Digital Camera
Jun 02, 2010 | Sakar Vivitar Underwater Digital Video...
Mar 29, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K850i Mobile Phone
Mar 01, 2010 | Olympus ? 850 SW Digital Camera
Jan 01, 2010 | Televison & Video
Aug 24, 2009 | Sony Ericsson K850i Mobile Phone
2,714 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: