Question about Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: region code
1. Open the tray
2. press the following sequence using the number keys: 98790 (this is equivalent to the code 9879 with the zero at the end representing all regions)
3. Press Close Tray - there should be a sign on the TV screen saying something like 'Region set to 0'
4. Turn off the DVD player for 5 seconds
5. Turn on the DVD player.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
SOURCE: Samsung SH853M
Region Hack for Samsung SH853M
Here is the hack for all region's players. It changes regions and unlocks the ability to use Hi-Def modes (720p,1080i etc) through Component connections - some regions ship with this disabled!
Power on player with no disc in tray.
1. Press the Repeat button on your remote control
Don't confuse with the Repeat A-B button
2.If your player was purchased in Region 1:
Press the buttons 2, 9, 3, 3 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
If it was purchased in Region 2:
Press the buttons 5, 7, 5, 3 and 8 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 3 players:
Press the buttons 5, 6, 7, 3 and 2 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 4 players:
Press the buttons 7, 6, 8, 8 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 5 players:
Press the buttons 5, 3, 8, 1 and 4 on your remote control, in order one at a time
For Region 6 players:
Press the buttons 2, 4, 4, 6 and 2 on your remote control, in order one at a time
3. The numbers 01 or similar current region code will be displayed on the top left of your onscreen display
4. Press 9 for multi-region playback or the button on your remote control for your region eg. 2 for region 2.
NB: The above step is time sensitive and needs to be performed quickly.
5. Open your DISC tray and leave open for 15 secs.
6. After 15 seconds have elapsed, power off your player and the DISC tray will be closed and player shut off.
7. Power on player and it is now set to the new region code you chose in step 4 above
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
This procedure applies to all LG's models that support the "All" option for region codes.
1. Power on (NO Disc.)
2. Press Pause
3. Enter 314159 (with remote) Display will show "FF"
4. Quickly press "0" (for all region)
5. Press pause
6. Power off and power on after 20 secs
I hope this solves your issue.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
You can try to use this tip,
which is generally used for all these Samsung models:
I think that P-241 is about the same of P-233, which is unlocked with
this tip. You can try, and then answer me if worked.
1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
4. Select your language.
5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in) do not confuse this with the A-B button:
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
("E series M105", M205 and M305 users try: 57538)
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray. You may need to push the tray shut rather than use the player button, in order for the region not to be changed to 4 (M203).
9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.
On some models, you will have the ability to disable Macrovision, but you will have to turn off the Quasi-PAL option and set the SCART output type to Video rather than RGB.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2016 | JVC HR-XVC1U DVD-VCR Combo
Jan 20, 2016 | Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD Player
Mar 03, 2011 | Toshiba SD6100 DVD Player
Jun 18, 2010 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Oct 01, 2009 | Toshiba SD6100 DVD Player
Jan 17, 2008 | Toshiba SD-K760 DVD Player
Nov 11, 2007 | Goodmans DVD2100B DVD Player
Jun 19, 2018 | LG Televison & Video
344 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!