Question about Cannon BJC-80 Printer Driver
There are no officially supported Windows 7 or Windows Vista drivers for the Canon BJC-85 printer. If you have the 64 bit version of Windows 7, then you have no choice other than to buy a new printer or use this printer in Windows XP Mode. If you have Windows 7 64 bit then please post back here with that information or create a new FixYa problem, and I will help you set up XP Mode so that you can use your printer.
If you don't know whether you have 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 7, then please follow these steps.
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
2. Type "MSINFO32" into the dialog box and press enter.
3. Look for item "System Type" and note whether the value is x64 or x86. (x86 means you have a 32 bit OS)
Assuming you have the 32 bit version of Windows 7:
1. Go ahead and download and install the XP drivers by following the link and clicking on "I Agree - Begin Download". Here are the drivers for Windows XP: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/bjc_series/bjc_85#DriversAndSoftware
2. Save file to the Desktop for easy access.
3. Right click on the downloaded file and select "Properties".
4. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
5. If the installer completes, then restart the computer and attempt to print from the Canon.
If the installer fails follow the next set of directions:
1. Make sure the printer is plugged in, turned on, and connected to the computer via USB.
2. Press Win+R to open Run command.
3. Type "DEVMGMT.MSC" and press enter.
4. Look for a device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it. If you have more than one, look for a device that says "USB Input Device" or "Unknown USB Input Device".
5. Right click on the device that has a yellow exclamation point next to it and select Properties.
6. Click the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
8. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
9. Scroll down to "Printers" and select Next.
10. Click "Have Disk" and select "Browse"
11. Browse to "C:\Temp\bjc85Win2kXPv150" and select "bjc85.inf" and then click Open and then OK.
12. Ignore all errors that Windows gives you and install the driver, restart the computer, and attempt to print.
Good luck, post back if you have any difficulties, and thanks for using FixYa,
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2011 | Canon BJC-85 InkJet Printer
Oct 03, 2010 | Canon BJC 4400 S InkJet Printer
Sep 26, 2010 | Canon BJC 2100 InkJet Printer
Jun 18, 2010 | Canon BJC 85 InkJet Printer
Mar 07, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Dec 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2008 | Canon BJC-85 InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2008 | Canon BJC 85 InkJet Printer
872 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: