Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The 077-901 error indicates the registration sensor detects paper or an
obstruction in that area. The registration sensor is the first sensor in
the paper path that the printer uses to detect if the paper is moving
thru the machine as it should. The machine knows how fast the paper
should move thru this area and measures the time it takes from when the
paper activates the sensor to when the paper leaves the sensor. The time
difference represents the length of the paper. If the sensor is
activated all the time, or after power off/on, an 077-901 error is the
To test the registration sensor, you need to enter Customer Diagnosis mode on the printer.
1. Power off the printer
2. Press and hold the UP and DN arrow keys while powering on the printer; the buttons may be released when the LCD indicates "Diagnosing".
3. LCD should indicate "Customer Mode" and "ESS Diag" (or something similar).
4. Press the DN arrow to display "IOT Diag"; press the ENTER button.
5. LCD should indicate "IOT Diag" and "Digital Input"; press the ENTER button.
6. Press the UP/DN buttons until the desired DI-xx is shown, then press the ENTER button to execute the test.
The test we want to run is the Regi-Sensor test -- DI-3. Press the up arrow until the LCD indicates "DI-3 OFF" then press the enter button. The LCD should now indicate "DI-3 L 0". If it indicates "DI-3 H 0", then there is indeed some paper jamming the regi-sensor area.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2014 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Aug 19, 2011 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Jun 13, 2011 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Jun 08, 2010 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Jan 22, 2010 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Nov 26, 2009 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Oct 26, 2009 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
May 29, 2009 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
May 08, 2009 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Jan 29, 2009 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
520 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!