a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally most email issues can be resolved by some basic checks to make sure that the settings are correct. In summary we just need to double check a few settings which are very easy to do & can be summarized as:
1. Check Nameservers
2. Check Billing is up to date
3. Check Password for email address
4. Check Email Account Quota
5. Check if disk usage is exceeded
6. Check Configuration
7. Try Server-Name in place of domain name
These steps are detailed below - please take care to go through them in order, they should only take a couple of minutes:
1. Check Nameservers - Check that your domain name is pointing to the correct name servers where your email is hosted.
- if you check your welcome email from when you signed up to your hosting service you will find the correct settings. If you do not have the settings then please ask our 24 hour support team & they will confirm for you.
2. Check Billing is Up to Date - If your Nameservers are correct, please double check that your hosting is paid up to date by logging into your Billing Area
3. Check Password for Email Address - Check that you have the correct user name and password for your email account. The username should be of the format" email_ID@yourdomain.com", and password is case sensitive. The quickest way to check this is to login to your Webmail. You can do this by going to http://www.ENTERYOURDOMAINHERE.com/webmail
(Please replace ENTERYOURDOMAINHERE with your domain name).
You are then prompted to enter the email address & the password. If you are able to login to webmail then this means that the password is valid for that email address so we can proceed to the next step.
3. A. Reset Email Password if Necessary - If your password is not accepted then this just means that you need to login to your Web Hosting Control Panel & reset the password for your email address. To do this, all you need to do is to login to your web hosting control panel & select the "Email Accounts" icon & then select the option to change your password. The following link shows you exactly how to log in to your Web Hosting Control Panel.
4. Check Email Account Quota - Next we need to check if your email quota is full because if this is happening then that will stop new emails from being accepted on the server. To do this, login to your web hosting control panel (see point 3 A above) & select the "Email Accounts" icon & then go down to the list of email addresses & you can see a summary of email accounts & the quota for each. If your email account is full then you just need to either delete some emails via webmail (see point 3 above) or you can simply increase the disk space quota for your email address by selecting "Change Quota" (we do not recommend setting to unlimited if possible).
5. Check if disk usage is exceeded - If your email client doesn't let you connect to the server and throws at you a 'login failed/incorrect password' error, you are likely to have exceeded your disk usage. It's not the quota of any specific email account that has gone over the limit, but the disk usage of your entire hosting account. You should regularly keep an eye on your disk usage to ensure it always stays within the limit. Steps on how to find the disk usage.
You can confirm if your disk usage has been exceeded by simply trying to login to your cPanel. If it is over-quota, cPanel wouldn't let you in. You could then contact support who will look into it for you. Once you have verified that your nameservers, billing, password & quota details are correct we can now run through some trouble shooting to find out where the issue is.
6. Check Configuration - For your email software to be able to send & receive emails then the configuration settings need to be set as shown below. You can find these settings in your email´s software. For example, in Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live Mail you just need to select Tools/Accounts & then in the Servers tab please ensure that your settings are:
> E-mail Address: Your complete email address (see point 3 above)
> Password: Your email password (see point 3 above)
> My Incoming Server is a: POP3
> Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.domain (eg: if your domain is abc123.com your settings would be mail.abc123.com)
> Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.domain (eg: if your domain is abc123.com your settings would be mail.abc123.com)
> Remember password: Select Yes by ticking the box to confirm
> Server requires Authentication: Select Yes by ticking the box to confirm
Then select the Advanced options and check the following:
Outbound SMTP Port: 25 or 26 [Some ISPs block port 25 traffic to reduce spamming. If you are unable to send out mails through port 25, try port 26. ]
Inbound POP3 Port: 110
Do not select the option to leave a copy on the server as this will eventually fill up your web space if you select this option.
7. Try Server-Name in place of domain name - Still not working? OK, it could be that your ISP does not recognize the mail server settings so we will try replacing these one at a time with the main server-name of the server.
To do this please follow these steps:
A. Get your server-name from the product welcome mail.
B. Go back to point 6 above & first replace the incoming mail server (POP3) with the nameserver (i.e. using the example in the above article, we would replace mail.abc123.com with node005.hostingseries.net). Try again.
C. If it still does not work change the incoming mail server (POP3) back to its original setting (eg: mail.abc123.com) & then change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to the server name (i.e. using the above example we would replace mail.abc123.com with node005.hostingseries.net) & try again.
D. If it still does not work, please change both Incoming & Outgoing to the server-name (i.e. using the above example
we would replace mail.abc123.com twice with node005.hostingseries.net)
If you still are unable to configure your email, please contact our support team (use the 24 hour live chat service - top right hand side of our website) and they will be able to identify the issue for you.
help and technical support
how to set up Outlook 2003 to access Orange email
Article ID: kb3529
Which version of Outlook am I using?
There are a number of versions of Microsoft Outlook available. These instructions provide a step by step guide to setting up Outlook 2003, however if you use a different version, the instructions can be adapted using the settings section.
If you're unsure which version of Outlook you are using, click on Help and select About Microsoft Office Outlook. open the Outlook 2003 options panel
From Outlook 2003, click on the Tools menu and select Options.
Tap the "Mail" app on your iPad's home screen, tap "Other" and tap "Mail Account." If you already have an email account set up, tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen, tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" in the sidebar and tap "Add Account."
Type your name into the "Name" box using the onscreen keyboard. You can enter any name you want; your iPad sends this name with each email you send.
Type your full AOL email address in the form "Name@aol.com" into the "Address" box. If you have an AOL email address with a different domain, such as "@games.com" or "@love.com," use that domain instead.
Enter your AOL email password into the "Password" box.
Type a description for your email account into the "Description" box and tap "Next."
Tap "IMAP" at the top of the New Account pane.
Type "Imap.aol.com" into the "Host Name" box under "Incoming Mail Server."
Type "Smtp.aol.com" into the "Host Name" box under "Outgoing Mail Server."
Enter your full AOL email address into the "Username" boxes under both "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server."
Enter your AOL email password into the "Password" boxes under "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server."
Tap "Next." Your iPad verifies the settings.
username is usually the contact name / handle for the person you are addressing the mail to.
host is the company's server that will revieve and process the mail
.whatever is the extension url
kevinnobody is the person I wanna send the message to, he can be found @someserver and the ending url is .com
Hope that explains it.
No phone numbers dont have email addresses, A phoe number is similar to that of an ip address which can be seen to be similar to the comcept of a street address..
for example every computer on the internet has a unique ip address,
every line has a different phone number
every house has a different address,
This is what allows computer to interact withone another, or send info to one another. Just as your phone number allows you to call one another and your house address allows you to send mail to one another.
Your email address is similar to that of a mail box. Think of your email address as a virtual mail box, people can send virtual mail to you and you can send to them from it via the internet.
When you get an internet connection your isp assigns you email address (usually) if not you can get free ones from www.yahoo.com and www.msn.com
Print a Configuration Report. See the Related Items below for additional information.
The following fields should be set as indicated for scan to e-mail to be properly enabled and set up:
Under the Installed Options section, Email field: Installed / Enabled
Under SMTP Setting section, SMTP Host Name or SMTP Server IP Address field requires a valid entry.
Under SMTP Setting section, Default E-mail Address field requires a valid entry.
If the WorkCentre is a network connected configuration, it will
arrive with the E-mail service enabled. The copier-only model is not
network connected and cannot perform Scan to E-mail. NOTE: E-mail is enabled at factory, by default. If
the E-mail button is not available on the All Services screen, enable
E-mail in the Tools mode. Before starting the setup procedure, make sure the following items are available or have been performed:
Make sure the WorkCentre is fully functioning on the network. See the Related Items below for additional information.
E-mail service must be available (enabled).
NOTE: E-mail is available by default.
Make sure the TCP/IP protocol is set up and the HTTP protocol is
enabled on the WorkCentre; both protocols must be fully functional.
Obtain the IP Address of a functional SMTP mail server that accepts
inbound mail traffic. See your Network Administrator for additional
Make sure the DNS settings are configured correctly and obtain the
Domain Name address, if applicable. See your Network Administrator for
Create an E-mail account which the WorkCentre will use as the default 'From' address.
Test the E-mail account by sending an E-mail to the WorkCentre
account. This task should be completed at a mail client on your network
that supports SMTP.
To access E-mail settings using Internet Services from a web browser window:
From a computer, open the CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS) window. See the Related Items below for additional information. The main CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
Click [Properties], click [Connectivity], click [Protocols], and then click [TCP/IP].
Enter the Domain Name in the Domain Name field. For example, type: firstname.lastname@example.org in the field.
NOTE: It is only necessary to configure the DNS settings if Host Names are to be used.
Dynamic Addressing has been set on the WorkCentre (DHCP or BootP) the
Domain Name will not be accessible. To be able to access the Domain
Name, select [Static] from the IP Address Resolution menu list.
Scroll to the bottom of the window and click the [Apply] button to implement any modifications.
When prompted, enter the current Tools mode information in the Username and Password fields.
NOTE: The default Username is 'admin' and Password is '1111'.
Select [SMTP Server] from under the Internet Services Protocols section.
Select either [IP Address] or [Host Name] and then enter the Host
Name, or the IP Address and Port Number (1 - 65535) of the SMTP Server.
The default Port is 25.
Place a check mark in the Server Requires SMTP Authentication check box if required.
Enter the Login Name and Password.
Click on the [Properties] tab. The Properties window will be displayed.
Click [Services], click [E-mail Settings], then click [E-mail
Setup]. The E-mail Setup window will be displayed with the following
list of options:
Date / Time stamp on PDF documents
'From' and 'To' Security Options
Auto send to self
Specify default Subject field text
Specify default Message Body text
Specify default Signature text
Choose E-mail / Fax Forwarding rules
Choose Confirmation Sheet rules
After making any required selections, click on [Apply