My daughter's Sansa m230 MP3 player stopped working today. When I power it up, I get the "Initializing" message and then the screen shows the message "Finalizing Update". After a short time the screen goes blank but the backlight goes on and stays on. Any ideas on how to either fix the problem or reset the device?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off,hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
Same thing happened to me... try this...
1) disconnect all cables
2) turn power on (hold menu button until screen lights up)
3) Press "menu"
4) scroll down to "settings"
5) scroll down to "USB"
6) select "MSC" (default is probably auto detect - which I think there's a conflict with)
7) turn power off (holding the menu button down)
8) connect USB to computer and hopefully start loading files
I bought 2 of the 512 models, one didn't work... so I took it back and had to buy a 2gig model... got home and it didn't work! I tried the above for the new one and at least the computer recognizes it! Everything seems to work fine...for now...
Please try this steps. Remove the battery from the player. Then enable the hold switch for it to show orange/red color connect the player to the computer. Right-click My Computer and click on Manage. Click on device manager and click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers, see if you have USB Mass Storage Device. Then see if you also have there Storage Volumes, right click on it and see if that is the player. If it is then click on Disk Management and try to format the player from there if it is visible if not you may have to replace the product.
ok your first wuestion why is it at a initializing loop what hapened is when yuou had it in your computer and it was initializing you or someone else bumed it or droped it and something got nocked loose and your secend answer is if you have not already sone so reinstall your USB drives
Your problem is probably beacause you accidently deleted "AudibleActivation.sys" from your "Audible"-folder. Format the sansa and then use "reset to factory settings" to make the file appear again. It might be a good idea to make a backup on your hard drive, just in case, and make the file hidden.