Question about Sony Handycam DCR-HC42 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Sony Handycam DCR-HC28
Unfortunately, it's not exactly a trivial process. The basic steps are as follows:
1) connect the camcorder to the computer
2) transfer the video from the dv tape to a file on the computer
3) optionally, edit the video file
4) upload the file from the computer to youtube.com
1) the camcorder has 4-pin 1394 (also called firewire or i-link) jack, and the computer (if equipped) either has 6-pin 1394 jack or 4-pin 1394 jack (on some notebooks). if your computer doesn't have a 1394 jack, you need to buy a 1394 adapter (eg. pricegrabber.com)
2) transfer the video from the dv tape to a file on the computer hard drive using editing software or a software utility designed for doing just that. this software may come with the camcorder or the 1394 adapter.
3) optionally, use editing software to take an excerpt from the file, rearrange parts of the video, add titles, etc., and output a new file
4) upload the file to youtube.com. there are some guides on their website as well (eg. youtube.com)
I hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
If I understand the user guide correctly, you can set the capture format in Preferences and have the captured video saved as MPEG1, there may be other options depending on what that version offers. If this is the only software you have to edit video, you must capture it first to have it saved to a folder of your choosing (usually set up in preferences). After that you should be able to use Windows Media Player or Quicktime to play back the file you captured. You can convert the MPEG1 files to another format if you want by using free software such as AVS Video Converter or other software.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
You can download User Manual and required software (USB Driver) for your Sony DCR-HC30E from Sony Support.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2017 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
Jan 04, 2011 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
Oct 28, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
Aug 28, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
Jan 16, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-PC350 Mini DV Digital...
Dec 26, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
Oct 21, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC30E Mini DV Digital...
Apr 06, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
Mar 14, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC42E Mini DV Digital...
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!