Question about Samsung PCJ534RF 53" Rear Projection Television
When the red and blue fall out of alighment i went into the menu and found a function that should let me fix it with the remote but the remote does nothing at all. is their a way to reprogram my remote or something else i can do.
I posted this recently, but it applies here also:
This sounds like a convergence problem which means that yourconvergence amps have malfunctioned. You can change these out yourself,however you will also have to change out all of the biasing resistorsconnected to the amplifiers. To do this:
1) Unplug the TV and then get a schematic of the TV I use http://www.servicemanuals.net or http://www.manualsparadise.com
2) On the schematic locate the STK329-xxx series IC packs (usually attached to a large heat sink)
3) determine if the STK329s are 110, 120 or 150.
4)if the STK329-xxx's are 110s replace with 110s (forget that upgradestuff it is a hit or miss game that I don't believe you want to getinto), if they are 120s replace with 120s and so on.
5) Now toreplace the STKs: remove the module from the TV and unsolder the oldSTKs along with the bias resistors, and replace them with the new ones(be sure to apply heat sink paste to the STKs when attaching them tothe heatsink)
6) make sure there are no short circuits form your soldering job.
7) Reinstall the module and then turn on the TV.
8) do an auto-convergence test and then things should be back to normal.
Now if you think you can do this have at it, if not I would suggest that you have it done by a qualified TV technician.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Nov 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2014 | Televison & Video
Jan 27, 2012 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Sep 09, 2011 | GE 46GW 948 46" Rear Projection Television
Apr 14, 2010 | Samsung HC-P4363W 43 in. TV/DVD Combo
Jun 24, 2009 | Acer X193W LCD Monitor
Jan 19, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Remote Controller
Aug 09, 2008 | Zenith R56W36 56" Rear Projection...
Aug 18, 2006 | Sanyo DS31520 31" TV
Jun 09, 2006 | Apex Digital AT2708 27" TV
Mar 08, 2017 | Samsung PCJ534RF 53" Rear Projection...
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: