Question about Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Tvichw32 Driver Open Error
Hello Aunt Pat
(01) Is this scanner "new" to the computer it is installed on now (where you're experiencing these issues)?
(02) Did this problem show up w/out apparent cause or relation to any recent changes on your system (e.g. New hardware or software installed, updated, upgraded or removed; system crash; computer repair; etc.)?
(03) Did the problem appear soon after a change to your system? (see above examples)
There are many references to this issue on the Internet. I've listed a few here. You can find many more, if you like, by performing search engine queries.
THIS links to a Roxio forum thread regarding this issue. (Even if you aren't using Roxio software, the information here could be relevant to your issue.)
THIS link will explain a bit about what TVICHW32 driver is.
I'd reinstall the ASPI drivers. A driver file may have become corrupted. (Assuming you'd been using this scanner successfully on this system until recently.)
You can find links for Adaptec's ASPI drivers on their web site HERE. They also have an ASPI version checker you can run to find out what verison is installed on your computer.
** Please, post back here w/ answers to
** these questions and the results of what
** you've tried. We may need to go back
** and forth a few times. We WILL continue
** to work w/ you until your problem is re-
** Just be sure to not rate the experts' "sol-
** utions" until that time. Once you do,
** the problem will be closed and we'll no
** longer be able to assist you.
** Thank you @:)
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
SOURCE: c pen 20
I found a solution before asking help from c-pen support.
1. Uninstall C-Pen software
2. Remove C Technologies entries from registry. They appear in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software
3. Reinstall C-Pen software (remove the pen from USB before reinstalling)
This worked in my system(Vista 32-bit).
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
Canon ScanGear CS driver error Code: 2,252,0. Error when trying to Preview scan using ScanGear in your program, e.g. Word, PhotoShop...
I had the same problem, Canon Technical were clueless on this error code. Yes the problem occured when trying to preview first however I could scan but without any preview, pointless really.
I have fixed it for Windows Xp SP3, Canon Lide 80. To Fix:
You need to download the latest ScanGear driver and Deldrv.exe from the canon website. You don't need the Toolbox, http://software.canon-europe.com/
It would help if you have Tuneup 2009 (even Trail version) for the later parts of this fix: http://www.tune-up.com/download/ just click download, you don't need to give them your email address.
1. Save these on C:
2. Remove the USB cable from your scanner - make sure it is unplugged.
3. Run Deldrv.exe, select your scanner and uninstall.
4. Now you will need to go into 'C:/WINDOWS/TWAIN_32' folder; you must remove anything in this folder - safest thing to do is CUT any items and paste them on the C: or personal folder.
5. Now the register parts - you need to purge your registry of any left over values. I found out after several attempts that this final step fixed the problem for me.
Basically through Windows XP Regedit or TuneUp Reg Editor search the ENTIRE registry for first 'ScanGear', second, 'Canon' and third if you have installed previously, 'Canon Toolbox'. Find any entries relating to any Canon scanner software and delete them. I only found around 6 or 7 entries to remove.
6. If you have TuneUp run '1-Click maintence' (correct problems) and afterwards run the 'Register defragger'. Restart.
7. On the next bootup your register should be optimised. Ok, disable any Anti-virus software.
8. Run the scangear setup winzip file you saved on C:. * it will extract a folder to C:. If get an error with the extraction, try running it anywhere else except C drive. Alternatively if you have WinRar, right click and manual extract contents. The scangear setup winzip file/folder (called lide80vst7250a_xpen) only contained a readme and setupSG.exe.
9. You must run the setupSG inside this folder. And you're done. Enable your anti-virus.
9. Now connect USB to scanner, Windows should pick it up. Open Word or PhotoShop > run the scangear program to preview.
10. Done! It worked my end.
Please let me know if this helped you.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
just had the same problem, check the connection going into the top part of the scanner at the back and restart which ever program your using... got mine sorted
Posted on May 22, 2009
Dear sir,I am sory for your problem.Please format your oparating system i mean you install new windows.some times optical driver did not read properly data cab file,So hardware driver is not support properly.Windows xp SP3 is not complite version some messing.
Thanks You are success
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2013 | Konica Minolta bizhub Office Equipment &...
on Jan 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 26, 2010 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6180N Laser Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Sharp AR-M207 All-In-One Laser Printer
Nov 19, 2009 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 31, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!