Question about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need your Windows XP cd for this fix.
Boot from the Windows XP CD and at the first prompt, press "r" for repair. Press 1 when asked to choose windows installation and then enter the admnistrator password. If you don;t have one, just press "enter" and it should show you "c:\windows>"
At this prompt, type the following
THis should take quite sometime but will fix the problem at the end. when you get the c:\windows prompt again, type the word "exit" and your system will reboot and load windows XP normally
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
My dell inspiron mini 10 won't boot.There is just a flash of white light then a flash of amber light when I press the power button. That's it, nothing else. I've removed the battery and unplugged the unit and put it back together and it still does the same thing. HELP!
Posted on Jun 29, 2010
SOURCE: Unmountable boot volume
If your notebook came with a Windows installation disk, you can fix the issue this way:
1. Insert the installation disk into your CD/DVD drive, and boot up your computer.
2. At the Welcome screen, hit the R key on your keyboard. This will launch Recovery mode.
You should now see a DOS prompt on your screen.
3. Type chkdsk /p and hit Enter. This will launch a utility that scans for hard drive errors.
The process may take some time, so be patient and allow it to do its job.
4. After the chkdsk is done, type fixboot and hit Enter to repair any damaged boot files which may have become corrupted. When prompted to choose "Yes" or "No," type Y for "Yes."
5. Type exit and press the Enter key to reboot your computer.
Assuming chkdsk was successful in fixing the disk errors, you should now be able to boot back into Windows.
If you do not have a Windows installation disk, but have access to another computer with a CD/DVD writer, you can download Hiren's Boot CD to help fix your corrupted boot drive.
1) Download the Hiren's disk image, and follow these instructions for burning the boot CD.
2) To ensure your system boots from the CD you've created, follow these instructions on how to set your BIOS to boot from CDROM.
3) Alternately, you can download a free utility that will create a bootable USB flash drive containing all of Hiren's tools. The above link also provides step by step instruction on creating a Hiren's USB drive, as well as how to set your BIOS to boot from it.
4) Boot the problematic pc from either your Hiren's CD or Hiren's USB drive.
5) Once you've successfully booted your system using Hirens, you will see a menu with a variety
of tools and utilities. Navigate to the hard disk tools menu, and run HDD Regenerator.
You'll need even more patience this time -- as HDD Regenerator is a bit more comprehensive in its error scanning than chkdsk. On the bright side, HDD Regenerator has a reputation for repairing disk errors that chkdsk was unable to.
Good luck, and I hope this helps!
Posted on Jan 08, 2011
Windows is totally corrupted - you will have to reinstall it. For that you will need an external CD unit and the recovery disk that came with the Mini. If you don't have it then you can either buy it from HP or borrow a similar XP install disk from a friend and use it and your key.
Posted on Mar 13, 2011
SOURCE: how to remove the unmountable
if you can boot normally i suggest going to filehippo.com or cnet and download a free disk partioner and it will remove the boot volume for you. under run, msconfig, there is a boot option select the boot mount you want that may fix it let me know
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2011 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
Jun 12, 2011 | Dell Dimension E310 PC Desktop
Mar 15, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Mar 13, 2011 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
Dec 15, 2010 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
Mar 08, 2010 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
Mar 07, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
1,071 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: