Question about Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

Alpine 600 w v 12 amp says to much current

Never had this problem just this morning on my way to work, I smelled so-mething electrical burning . fuses. all seem fine

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

You just burn your coil. this is maybe because you tried connecting the red (power) cable wen the car was running and the sudden surge of electricity burnt your amps' coils. open it up and look at the gold coils of wire inside. Rub your finger in it. if you see black residue you have burn it. Your amp isnt worth anything if this is the case.

Posted on Aug 06, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

1999. Why does it smell inside as though something is burning?


If you smell burning electrical then likely you have a short that is overheating some wiring. If that is the case, then you should track down the source ASAP. Are all electricals working properly, heater motor? Any aftermarket stereo systems or amps installed?

Jan 04, 2016 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 2000 eclipse gs, I wired up an aftermarket jvc stereo system, even added amp and subs, it drives fine and has given me no problems for months...than suddenly the radio started randomly shutting...


I'll give you the correct answer, but I know you're not going to want to hear it.
Every step you did, following discovery of the first blown fuse, was the wrong thing to do, and made a simple short in wiring (or internal short in the radio or amp) now a major electrical issue.
When a fuse blows, that is telling you that there is a short somewhere "upstream" of that fuse. With the burnt wiring or burnt electronics smell, that typically is due to using a fuse (or wiring circuit) that has far greater amp rating than the gauge of wiring or devices that are connected to that fuse/circuit. Once you smell anything burnt, the simple short has now spread and increased in electrical damage.

You basically forced the electrical system to do far more damage by disconnecting the battery, replacing the under hood fuse, and forcing current/electricity to a shorted out wiring circuit or shorted component (radio or amp). People always make the fatal mistake of disregarding what a fuse is intended for, and what it should tell you, and they try to force faulty/damaged wiring or equipment to work by repeatedly shoving new fuses back in (frequently with higher amp rating). This makes what started as a simple problem, much much worse.

Now, your first step in repair/recovery is to completely remove the amp and radio, inspect each thoroughly (and smell each for burnt smell), but more importantly examine every inch of EVERY wire that leads to these 2 units all the way from the underhood fuse box to the components themselves (not easy, as you know). I suspect there may be a loom of wires that now has a major short with burnt/melted insulation.

Nov 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 12" d4 type r 1000 rms and a alpine 1000 amp speaker sounds great but smells like something is burning, my amp never over heats or shuts down but the smell is still coming from the sub?


Cut your gain back on the amp. It sounds like they are set too high. Check your install instructions on how to set your gain. If you have a 4 or 5 volt output head unit your will not be at half way. Im running a JL Audio 500 /1 on a skar wwv10 dvc in a ported box. My gain is set about half way & its plenty loud.I have a Alpine 9887 headunit 5 volt output on my RCAsI can take a volt meter & set my speaker output at 45amps & my gain in perfect.

Apr 28, 2014 | Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D Car Subwoofer

2 Answers

MIcrowave emits an electrical smell while cooking. It still cooks, but has started emitting an odor recently when in use.


Is the smell ionized (the outside smell of a cold winter morning air) or more of an electronic component burning??? if it's more of an ionized smell it could be normal, (if the smell is strong) it could be a leaking high voltage cable (electric arching) bad insulator, if it's more of an electronic component burning smell, it could be a overheating component, in both cases you should have it checked by a professional technician...

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2011 | Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

I just bought a Holmes 16 inch stand fan HSF1610A I only use it to sleep. Only have had it for about 2-3 weeks. I have not had a problem with it til I woke up this morning to it not working. It still...


First smell the fan, If you get burning smell then you need to send it for warranty repairs or to a repair shop. If no burning smell then check the electric cable for connectivity. Most probably it has gone bad and it's easy to repair. For checking it you need a electrical tester or multimeter.

May 02, 2011 | Holmes Products Holmes& Standing Fan

1 Answer

There is a smell in my car every time I play my system for long periods of time. Its a burning smell. Everything is wired correctly and I have a separate battery in the back of my car to power my subs. I...


The problem could either be the amp over-heating or the subs could be over-heating as well. One of my friends owns an Alpine MRD-M1005, and one day they decided to clean it inside and out and realized they had some burnt spots on the circuit board, although they never smelt anything burning, and the amp still works fine.... As for the lights dimming you should probably buy a power Capacitor, atleast a 1 Farad or larger.

Hope this helps.

Nov 08, 2010 | Alpine MRP-M1000 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Smelt burning smell in the morning stopped cooling


I suspect the start relay burnt on the compressor. Now the compressor can not turn on. You need to repalce the relay.

Sep 04, 2009 | Kenmore 53542 / 53544 Side by Side...

1 Answer

My toro blower stopped working after only 10 minutes


Hi, normally when an electric motor smells of burning the damage is done, if it's new you need to get it fixed under warranty, trying to repair it yourself will void warranty

Aug 30, 2009 | Toro Electric Ultra Blower/Vac 12 Amp

2 Answers

Dometic RV Rooftop A/C stopped working. Burnt electrical smell


if you can find a decent a/c mn in the area he might be able to patch you up until you get to an authorized dealer?

Jun 07, 2009 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Blown fuses


This is a sign the you have poor voltage regulation. Which may mean that you are taxing the electrical system of your vehicle. I would suggest you adding a secondary electrical supply for you audio system. This can be done by adding an extra alternator and voltage regulator and battery supply. This will allow you to drive your audio system without having it (power supply) split between the vehicle and the audio system. The fact is your system is drawing to much current for the unit and your vehicle. You are blowing the 20-amp fuses which means the the amp is creating a currnet draw which is past the rated value of the fuses, which if done too many times could damage the power amp components in the unit. I would also check the ohmage reating on the speakers connect to the unit since you may have the wrong impedance which may also cause excessive current draw and actuate some sort of overcurrent protection.

Aug 31, 2007 | Alpine PDX-1.1000 1000W x 1 Car Amplifier...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Car Audio & Video Logo

Related Topics:

64 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4807 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

70387 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

72670 Answers

Are you a Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...