OLD DV6910. note book. (circa 2007 ) near end of HP support.!
MS stopped VISTA this spring.
no, toshiba is no good, as are all other PCs makers disks no good. your PC us USA HP computer, its not from Japan.
sorry. only MS disks or best of best HP disks work.
the ISO from MS, how'd you get that, and when.?
the current link at MS needs valid RETAIL COA code to download it.(oem codes not)
The MS disk do not have all drivers need, to make an HP pc run..
sure it will load, but many things CAN be dead.
is your F11 restore dead too? (its VISTA, if you dont know)
power on , F11, f11, f11, f11 , hammer it. see the HP restore?
here is your official HP support page.'
and all were shipped with VISTA
, and F11 key restores
VISTA , there is no W7 drivers. from HP , zero
"i got image to burn.?"
so then what?, did you install W7?
and see all those dead chips? in device manager
did you get Ethernet working first so W7 can PNP the drivers automatically, /??
Things that can fail are.
HP special drivers for like , hot keys, that MS does not have
all HP apps will be missing.
and all drivers for old vista chips not supported under w7
MS loads. here is the path (using ms, disk and not HP media kit)
why not get the HP kit from HP???????
- Get MS w7 ISO, from MS using the $120 key, COA key,
- oops the HP key is no good, its OEM key/.
- down load ISO from MS.
- burn a USB stick or DVD from ISO, (Rufus, or imgburn free)
- boot PC using BIOS boot to DVD or stick as the case applies.
- W7 Loads, ok. (it runs sure, but...)
- W7 fails on Ethernet or wifi, one must work now or doomed, lacking other PC to find drivers from chip makers or MS.
- I wire up the Ethernet jack RJ45 cat 5 to my router.
- the internet is connected, i then let W7 find the drivers, good luck finding them all.. some can be missing, on 10 year old LT.
- if at wits end see this , on how to get them the HARD way.
if you make a PCI scanner boot disk (or stick)
you can find most drivers. (mine never fails)
using he scanner on any PC we see all chips
and with vista drivers failing on w7
we go to the makers site and get the W7 driver
as seen here, PCI sniffer3 , I uses this all the time.
for exactly this reason.
the HP media kit DVD set is for VISTA only.