Question about Watches
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
First, take the back off the watch and make sure that the movement is inserted correctly. When buttons dont come back out it is usually the movement in the case wrong or the back is put back on wrong. If it is a pop off back then you want to be sure the dimples in the back are over the stem and crown and buttons so they move freely. Also, be sure that any springs that were in place are still in place.
Now i dont know what brand or model of watch this is but most digital analogs have a stem and crown to set the analog. Pull out the stem to the first position and set the time.
For specific instructions please leave the brand and model.
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
SOURCE: Set watch time - digital
I looked up the web site for Timex and called the Customer Service line. The technician there helped me set the time and other features over the phone.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
SOURCE: i have a tcm 217362
You have to calibrate the compass.
1. Press the upper right button (switching to compass mode)
2. Press and hold upper left button. The "CALL" will appear on the display. You are in compass calibrating mode.
3. Rotate the watch horizontally (around his vertical axis) slowly, so to be sure that he point the North at least 2 times.
4. Now press the upper left button again to input the declination (this is the angle between the magnetic and real pole). It is different for the area around the world, that you want to explore.
5. Switch between the positions of the cipher by pressing bottom left.
6. Change the cipher by pressing bottom right.
7. Switch between the active position by pressing bottom left. Now you have to enter East or West declination
8. If you are ready press the upper left. "END" of calibration will appear on the screen
Once you calibrate and set the declination you can use the the compass by pressing upper right button. As the compass is very sensitive It is good idea to calibrate it on a field, far away of metal objects and electromagnetic fields (cables, ect.). You need to calibrate the compass each time you want to use it by different surrounding.
Remember the compass function of your watch need much more energy than the watch itself. Don`t worry to change the battery when dead. The water resistance remains good even after. Very robust and accurate device. I hope that should help.
Posted on Jul 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2018 | Citizen Watches
Jul 04, 2011 | Watches
May 15, 2011 | Watches
Sep 08, 2010 | Seiko Kinetic watch
Mar 05, 2010 | Polar F6 Wrist Watch
Feb 13, 2010 | Watches
Sep 24, 2009 | Diesel Watches
Sep 19, 2009 | Watches
Oct 27, 2007 | Watches
723 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!