Question about Philips 32PFL3403D/27 32 in. LCD TV
This is a common problem with lcd panel tv's. There is a problem with your power supply. Here are the steps you need to take.
1. Lay the tv face down on a cushioned table. Make sure the table is large enough to support the entire tv, You don't want to damage the panel.
2. Remove all the screws securing the back of the tv to the front.
3. Remove the back
4. Check the power supply pcb for puffed capacitors. If they are puffed, they need to be replaced.
5. Remove all connectors and screws from power supply pcb. This is the board where the power cord attaches.
6. Replace capacitors with equal or slightly greater valued capacitors. The values are marked on the capacitors in mfd and voltage.
7. You wil need a soldering iron to remove and replace them
8. Install the power supply pcb back into the tv and replace the connectors
9. Connect the power cord into the back of the tv and turn on.
10. Check to see if backlight comes on.
11. If it does, press menu button and lift tv up to see if you have an onscreen display. If you do the repair is complete.
If you don't you need to take a digital multimeter and check the voltage ouput from the connectors of the power supply pcb. Connect black lead of your meter to chassis ground and use the red lead and touch each individual pin to see if you have the correct voltage. The voltage levels are printed on the power supply pcb. If they are non existent, then you need to replace the power supply.
You said that you have no power light indicator led on the front panel at all. This tells me you have no standby voltage. Good luck and let me know how you make out
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jul 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 30, 2011 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 30, 2011 | Hitachi 32LD8700 32 in. LCD Television
Dec 20, 2010 | Apex Digital AVL2076 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD...
Jan 16, 2010 | Proscan 32LB30H LCD TV
Aug 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet P2015 Printer
Nov 27, 2008 | Akai LCT2715 27 in. LCD Television
Nov 27, 2008 | Akai PDP4294 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma...
Jun 08, 2014 | Philips 32PFL3403D/27 32 in. LCD TV
235 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: