Question about Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD Television
If your FA2B-42570 does not power on that could be because of one out of two reasons: bad power board or bad main board.
Here is a link which will help you isolate the first case by basically telling you how to command the power board manually and checking if it produces what it needs to produce:
if it does, then the only other possibility left is the main board.
Also note that this TV is known to have inverters that fail over time, i.e. the TV actually works, but you can't see image on the screen because the light source behind the color filters that the LCD is made of is simply missing.
Posted on Oct 24, 2012
Is there a power light indicator button lit when you plug it in? If there is then you have standby voltage. The next thing to do is check the capacitors on the power suppl pcb to see if the are bulging at the top. To do this follow these steps:
1. Place the tv face down on a cushioned table large enough to support the entire tv. You don't want to damage the panel.
2. Remove the screws securing the back of the tv to the front.
3.Remove the back and set it aside
4. Visually look at the capacitors on the power supply pcb. This is the board where the power cord attaches. Capacitors are cylinder looking components on the board. They are usually located near the heatsinks of the board.
5. If the are bulging, remove the connectors and screws from the pcb.
6. Replace the defective capacitors with capacitors equal to or slightly higher values. The values are printed on the capacitors usually 1000mfd or 2200mfd. Make sure the voltage is the same or slightly higher. You will need a soldering iron and solder to replace them
7.Place the pcb back into the tv and reconnect the connectors and screws.
8. Plug ac cord into tv and turn on. If backlights come on hit the menu button and lift tv and see if there is an onscreen display. If there is the repair is complete.
If it still doesn't power up you probably need to replace the power supply pcb. Good luck and let me know how it goes
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2014 | Digital Lifestyle s LT32323 LCD TV
Jul 16, 2014 | Digital Lifestyle s LT32323 LCD TV
Nov 02, 2011 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
Jan 12, 2011 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
May 21, 2010 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
Dec 13, 2009 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
Nov 28, 2009 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
Nov 27, 2009 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
Oct 09, 2008 | Digital Lifestyle FA1B32Z 32 in. LCD...
416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: