Question about Televison & Video
Without additional information (such as the model number) this problem could be a number of things. If the television is attempting to come on but clicking on/off continuously you most likely have bad capacitors on the main board.
You can verify this by doing the following:
1. Disconnect the power cord connecting the television to the wall (IMPORTANT).
2. Remove all of the screws on the rear cover of the television. They will most likely all be phillips head.
3. Carefully pry the rear cover off of the television.
4. Locate the power board. On Samsung LCDs it will be the board with the AC power plug built into it.
5. Visually inspect the board for bad capacitors. Capacitors look like cylindrical towers with a cross cut into the top. If the top is bulging upwards then the capacitor is bad and must be replaced.
6. Locate replacement capacitors for those that are bulged. You must use capacitors that have the same microfarad value (uf) and the same or higher voltage (V). (Samsungs frequently have bad 1000uf 25V capacitors). Your local electronics store may carry these.
7. Using solder wick, remove the bad caps from the board and install the replacements with a soldering iron. (remember to cut the leads off)
8. Put the back cover back on and plug it up. 9 times out of 10 you will end up with a working Samsung TV.
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
Hello! Just check your main power supply socket. If it is ok than just open your tv back cover and check the fuse. I am sure the fuse is burnt. If the fuse is also ok than you need to consult a technition. But mostly it is the problem of burning fuse
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
May 16, 2012 | Samsung LA40R81BDX 40 in. LCD TV
Jul 06, 2017 | Samsung LN-S3238D 32 in. LCD HDTV
Aug 28, 2011 | Samsung LN32A330 32 in. LCD TV
Jun 18, 2011 | Samsung LN40A650A LCD TV
Mar 07, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jun 15, 2009 | Samsung LE40R73BD 40 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jul 18, 2017 | Samsung - Projection TV replacement lamp...
Aug 16, 2017 | LG Televison & Video
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!