Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a Kenmore over the range microwave. My kids turned it on without anything inside. Is this repairable and worth it or just buy a new one

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 6,771 Answers

I recommend a new one because the magnetron has been compromised.

Posted on Apr 04, 2011

Testimonial: "Thank you very much for the quick reply."

  • John Cunningham Apr 05, 2011

    Thank you! glad I could help, John

×

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Kenmore 401.80082700 Over the range microwave just stopped working. WILL DO NOTHING! Is anyone home out there?


I would go ahead and replace the microwave oven the cost to repair will be higher than what you are thinking of getting.

Mar 23, 2012 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a Kenmore Elite Ultra Heatwave Technology microwave which started smelling "electrical" and it just quit. The lights still work and the panel still works, but it does nothing when you hit...


This almost always means the magnetron tube, which supplies the microwaves, has failed. The smell comes from parts inside the tube that overheat and burn out. Once the tube goes, everything else appears to work but there's no heating without the microwaves.

The tube can be replaced, but the repair should be done by a professional. Microwave ovens are very hazardous to work on, and if the repairs aren't done properly then microwave leakage can be a concern. The tube generally costs around $50 to $75, and I have no clue what labor is going for these days. If you want to keep this oven, let a service technician give you an estimate for the repair. Then you can compare the repair cost against that of a replacement oven. For countertop models, it's usually cheaper to buy a new oven, but for an over-the-range model the repair might be worthwhile. The ovens are more expensive, and yours might be a custom installation.

Apr 20, 2011 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Brand new kenmore over the range microwave #85479 makes a terrible noise on start up ,not the fan which we tried and is very quiet. service dept say this could be normal and want to charge me for call...


Take it back to them if it is new! Rather than try to repair it or look into it, You must have a warranty on it so take it back as you will invalidate your warranty if you do anything to the unit, and that is not worth it. Let the dealer worry about it.

Mar 21, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Overheating bottom Kenmore 66560652000


Hi,

I would suspect that when the microwave oven was on the table the vent or air openings were restricted by the table. Without free flowing air the control and other components could build up heat. It is doubtful that you built up enough heat to damage anything as this unit has more than one over temperature safety devices built into it.

That being said, the excess heat could weaken something internally especially on the control that would cause it to fail sooner than later in life.

My advice would be to leave it unplugged until it is mounted back on the wall per the instructions and use it then as normal. If it fails in the next year or so replace it at that time.

May 03, 2010 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Kenmore above the range microwave doesn't heat and sometimes the fan doesn't come on. Is it worth fixing or should I buy a new appliance. It's about 7 years old.


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101

sytjhf

Nov 12, 2009 | Kenmore 63672 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Need to replace magnatron. how to replace and the cost.


to be honest its realy not worth buying a new magnatron as the price of a new microwave is about the same price,also its not a very safe thing to try to do if your not a repair man,,,inside the microwave there is a very big capacitor if its still charged up it will realy bite you if you tuch it
have you ever seen a stun gun working??? it realy hurts you
your microwave has the stun guns very big brother inside of it
it wont just hurt you,,, it could kill you,,,as microwaves are about £50 at todays prices why take that risk???? play it safe just go out and buy a new one and have an up grade at the same time,,, how old is your microwave now??? how much life is left in it even with a new megnatron fitted is it going to last you for long??? play it safe buy a new one?

Oct 26, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Not heating anything up


if the light comes on and you here it buzzing but its still not heating up its likley to be the megertron burned out,, (thats the aerial for the microwave's to transmit off) its very expenive to replace,,,
bont try replacing it yourself, inside the microwave is very high voltage even if its been turned off for a long time,, 1000's of volts and they kill,,
have you ever seen a stun gun working??? this microwave has the stun guns very big brother inside it?? it dont stun,, it kills! play it safe drop it into a repair man to fix or better still buy a new one,,there so cheep now its realy not worth spending good money on an old microwave,, go out and treet yourself and play it safe!

Oct 25, 2009 | GE JVM1650SH Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave oven turns off


Many over-the-range microwave ovens suffer from intermittent problems caused by excessive moisture from the range/stove entering the microwave cabinet and collecting on the circuitry. Often the problem is with one or two simple connections that may need tightening or soldering. But, to repair these components, the microwave cabinet needs to be opened. So we recommend that you seek the assistance of a qualified appliance repair technician.

It may be worth getting it repaired. Shop around for prices and see if it is worth your while to repair it or simply buy a new one :)

Sep 29, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

65 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75077 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5059 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...