Question about Vacuums
Check the hose for a blockage/ remove sole plate /check if clear......good luck
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2016 | Vacuums
Jul 21, 2012 | Dyson Slim DC18 All Floors HEPA Bagless...
Feb 02, 2011 | Hoover U5175-900 Fold Away Bagless Upright...
Jul 28, 2010 | Broan-NuTone CV350 Performance Bagged...
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
If you continue to experience low suction, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services at...
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Apr 09, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jan 01, 2010 | Dyson DC14 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Nov 08, 2009 | Dyson DC07 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
Jul 01, 2009 | Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum...
Jul 30, 2008 | Windsor SR12 Sensor Bagged Upright Vacuum
Jun 10, 2008 | Dirt Devil M086700 Vision Bagless Upright...
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!