Question about Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM, USB 2.0, eSATA, External 500 GB Hard Drive
We're going to need more information to troubleshoot, but if it's a new drive that's never been set up follow the instructions below. If these instructions aren't helpful, then please post back with more info and I'll help you further.
Your external hard drive likely has no partitions so Windows has no drive to mount. Follow these steps to create and format a partition for your external hard drive.
1. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
2. Type "Control" into the dialog box.
3. Double-click "Administrative Tools."
4. Double-click "Computer Management."
5. Select "Disk Management" under Storage.
6. Find the 250 GB External Hard drive in the right pane.
7. Right click on the drive and select "Create new partition".
8. After the partition is created you will need to format the partition.
9. Format the partition as NTFS unless you plan on booting off the hard drive, in which case format the partition as FAT32. You can also create multiple partitions if you want.
10. Enter My Computer and you will now see your external hard drive.
Good luck and thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2010 | Gateway 450ROG Notebook
Sep 04, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 26, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
May 16, 2010 | Dell Latitude C510 Notebook
Sep 01, 2009 | Intel D865GBF Motherboard
Apr 11, 2014 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: