Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

We have a Rheem hot water system installed in 1994. We think from the owners guide left by the installer that it is a model 52F. Our plumber is having difficulty getting a replacement part. The bottom section as seen from the road (we have a high set home) is rusting badly and we would like it replaced. The owners guide suggests it is a collector angle. Can you please help us get this replacement part so that our plumber can install it ?

Posted by on

  • Roger Jelinek Apr 05, 2011

    I was a rheem dealer back then and still have a phone number or 2. I will look around for you tomorrow if you are still in need. let me know. Roger



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 27 Answers

Hello, The plumber should be able to call Rheem directly and if that does not work, your local parts supplier for Rheem should be able to get him a number for the Rheem factory (I'm assuming he called and the parts supplier could not locate the part he needed??)
Hope this helps. Thanks James

Posted on Apr 05, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the combustion shutoff system on a Rheem 30 gal moble home hot water heater

Disproportionate number of water heater problems are Rheem-related, yet Rheem is just 1 of 3 major water heater manufacturers.

If you have Rheem tank-type gas water heater, and the combustion shut off has tripped the FV system, then there is a broken glass vial located under the burner.
Rheem does not post service manuals, and they may or may not send the glass vial for replacement. Depending on model which appears on label on side of tank. Year of manufacture are 3rd and 4th digits in serial number.
And they may want you to contact a qualified service technician (plumber)
You will have to replace glass vial, and clean the arrestor screen and clean the combustion parts, check gas pressure, and check venting.
Other companies post service manuals and do not rely on the glass vial.

Copy following links:

Sep 09, 2012 | Rheem 40 Gallon FVR NATGAS Low WATER...

1 Answer

Installed a tankless gas hot water heater a few months ago, and ever since then when ever I turn on the hotwater, I get pockets of air coming out of the faucet. There are no leaks in the water lines, but...

1) Never, ever install tankless water heater, unless your wallet is 2" thick and you enjoy nuisance problems and recommended continual maintenance.
2) Add in-line air vent.
3) Look for check valve along the line. Look for mixing valve, pressure regulating valve, etc.
4) If you have recirculation system, remove cross-over check valve and see if problem is located there.
5) Contact Rheem. 800-432-8373 They will want model number, serial number, and name of installer. And might recommend contacting installer or plumber.
6) Increase water flow. Check water flow requirement of tankless (.5 gallons per minute activation) with actual flow at faucet.
7) Clean water filter at tankless unit.
8) Crossover at single-handled faucet.
9) Fix all leaking faucets indoor and outdoor so no air is being sucked in.
10) Bad TP valve on water heater sucking in air each time water pressure pulls on the valve?

Additional resources: No information about air-in-line

Sep 20, 2011 | Rheem Paloma PTG-74XP / RTG-74XP Liquid...

1 Answer

Cannot light pilot on 4 year old heater rheem tells me part not available in supply house is this right part i need isvile that is broken below pilot light

I can't tell if you have tankless or tank heater.
Rheem has gone big into tankless the last few years and maybe first models don't have parts any more.

Even so, Rheen probably sells the whole burner assembly.
Most plumbers prefer to replace whole assembly so they're not doing a call-back next month.
Check with Rheem for whole assembly.

Another option is to roll the Rheem heater out of the way and install generic brand from Ace, Home Depot, Sears, or Lowes. Read manual cover to cover to prevent failure. Keep dust, lint and chemicals out of same room. Loosen anode rod before installing. Connect ground wire jumper to hot and cold pipes.
Fix the Rheem when parts become available, or use it as tempering tank to passively preheat incoming cold water, or set tank in wood box with glass cover and make passive solar tank.

Feb 14, 2011 | Rheem Water Heaters

1 Answer

My plumber refers to the gas hot water heater that he wants to install as a "Standard" water heater. Do you think he means "American Standard"? Mac

i think since "tankless" water htrs entered the market...your plumber referring to a standard w/h means a storage tank wtr htr(stores 40 or more gals) ..most popular brands are a o smith rheem bradford white

Nov 28, 2010 | American Standard 40 G Natural Gas Water...

1 Answer

Water Heaer Problems

Although rare the pipes may both me hotter near the heater and the cold water line will get colder the farther back you go from the heater. Now I would do yourself a favor and hire another plumber to do the work on your water heater because from what your telling me these guys don't know anything about water heaters and I suspect they may have bumped your TPR valve (although if you ask them I'm almost positive they'll deny it). Here's what happens. From not be being used all the time the TPR valve gets buildup in it from your water lines, and as soon as the lever is pushed the TPR valve will constantly leak water until it is replaced. I would try replacing that first. To replace it simply unscrews with a wrench, just be sure to turn your water heater off and drain it halfway before replacing. That is the least expensive option. Next I would try putting in an Amtrol Expansion tank. Your local home store can get you the right one. It expands when there is excess pressure in the line. A plumber would have to install this and if you already have one make sure it is working properly. These are the only two things that would make a TPR valve leak. So while the two are not linked, I still don't think it is a coincidence.

Jun 26, 2010 | Rheem 50 GAL ELEC TALL Water Heater 6YR SC...

10 Answers

Paloma PTG 74PV N1 Tankless Water Heater - stops heating

Most likely problem is the remote control not the main board. A safe temporary fix is to unplug the heater from the 110 volt outlet, remove the two low voltage wires from the remote control and use a small wire nut to connect the two conductors together. Plug the heater back into the 110 outlet and the heater should work just fine. The default water temperature is about 118 degrees at the heater. Replace the remote control ASAP.

Apr 14, 2009 | Rheem Paloma PTG-74PVN / RTG-74PVN...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

68 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts


Level 3 Expert

2514 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides