Question about LG Refrigerators
You might have tried this procedure in changing the filter, but please give it a try again. Hope these steps will help you.
1. Locate the filter compartment, it is usually somewhere in line with the water line from the sink and your water and ice dispenser.
2. Once you have located the filter, a small amount of water will drain, so please prepare a cup. Grip the handle of the filter carefully and turn it slowly counterclockwise.
3. Slide the old filter out of the filter compartment.
4. Remove the replacement filter from its packaging and take off all of the protective coverings. Grip the handle of the new filter and slide it carefully into the filter slot. You may have to twist and turn it slightly to get it in straight. Once you have pushed in, turn the handle slowly clockwise until you hear and feel it click into place.
5. Place a jug at the opening of the water dispenser. Now, press the button and fill the jug to the brim to prepare the filter and flush out any unwanted residue on the filter.
--> you may also try to run water through the dispenser for two minutes to clean any air in the water line.
--> if you will be experiencing the same issue, please try to reset the control board.
1. Unplug the machine for about 3 minutes. You should see the filter status light blink red five times and then return to a steady display of the current filter status.
2. If it does not, try resetting it by pushing the light switch 5 times within 10 seconds. This should reset the filter status light to a steady green color.
3. If this does not work, then you could have a problem in the control board.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Stratus
Reset Water Filter Status
After changing the water
filter, reset the status light. Press the OPTIONS button to enter
Options mode, then press LOCK to initiate the reset, then
press MEASURED FILL to confirm that you want to reset the status
light. When the system is reset, the "ORDER" and "REPLACE"
icons will disappear from the display screen.
If the above is not your model number then click HERE to enter the correct model number Questions please let me know, Thanks Sea Breeze
Mar 01, 2013 | Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY
Most models also have a filter indicator reset button located in the same area. After changing the filter, reset the filter status light by pressing the Filter Indicator Reset button or by pressing and holding the Filter button for 3 seconds. The status light will change from red to green or the status display will change from "Replace" to "Good" when the system is reset.
If your model has a water filter indicator, but no reset button, press the light switch in the refrigerator compartment 5 times within 10 seconds to reset the system. The status light will change from red to green when the system is reset.
Oct 16, 2012 | KitchenAid KBFA25ER Bottom Freezer French...
The water filter status light, located at the top of the refrigerator
compartment, will help you know when to change your water
Style 1 - Standard status light (on some models)
When the water filter status light changes from green to yellow,
this tells you that it is almost time to change the water filter
cartridge (90% of the filter life has been used). It is recommended
that you replace the base grille water filter cartridge when the
water filter indicator light changes to red OR water flow to your
water dispenser or ice maker decreases noticeably. See
"Changing theWater Filter Cartridge" later in this section.
After changing the water filter cartridge, reset the water filter
status light by pressing the light switch 5 times within
10 seconds. The water filter status light will change from red to
green when the system is reset.
If you need Adobe Reader Click=> Adobe Reader X (10.1.0) (50.25 MB)
If helpful please rate this solution, Thanks Sea Breeze
Click Photo Below for User Manuals
Jul 29, 2011 | KitchenAid Superba KSRG25FK Side by Side...
Water Filter Status Light (on some models)
The water filter status light will help you know when to change
your water filter. When the water filter status display changes from
"GOOD" to "ORDER," this tells you that it is almost time to
change the water filter cartridge. Replace the water filter cartridge
when the water filter status display changes to "REPLACE." If
water flow to your water dispenser or ice maker decreases
noticeably, change the filter sooner. The filter should be replaced
at least every 6 months depending on your water quality and
After changing the water filter, reset the status light by pressing
and holding the FILTER button for 3 seconds. The status light will
change from "REPLACE" to "GOOD" when the system is reset.
Changing the Water Filter
1. Press the eject button to release the filter from the base grille.
2. Pull the filter straight out.
3. Turn the cap counterclockwise to remove it from the filter.
IMPORTANT: Do not discard the cap. It is part of your
refrigerator. Keep the cap to use with the replacement filter.
4. Align the ridge on the cap with the arrow on the new filter and
turn the cap until it snaps into place.
NOTE: You can run the dispenser without a filter. Your water
will not be filtered. Simply insert the cap all of the way into the
base grille and rotate the cap until it is firmly in place.
5. Remove the covers from the O-rings. Be sure the O-rings are
still in place after the covers are removed.
6. Push the filter into the base grille. The eject button will pop
back out when the filter is fully engaged.
7. Flush the water system. See "Water and Ice Dispensers."
Water Filter Status Light:
The water filter status light will help you know when to change your water filter.
When the dispenser control panel's water filter status display changes to "ORDER," this tells
you that it is almost time to change the water filter cartridge.
Replace the water filter cartridge when the water filter status display changes to "REPLACE."
The filter should be replaced at least every 6 months depending on your water quality and usage.
NOTE: If water flow to your water dispenser or ice maker decreases noticeably, change the
filter sooner. After changing the water filter, reset the status light.
Pressing and holding RESET FILTER starts the 3 seconds countdown. Using the dispenser
cancels the countdown AND no dispensing is permitted. The number '3' blinks 3 times and the
'invalid' tone sounds 3 times and user has to release both the pad and the button and press
the button again to start it over
After 3 seconds, the BLUE WATER BARS in the Icon flash and an audible tone sounds 3
times. When the system is reset, the "ORDER" and "REPLACE" icons will disappear from the
display screen. See figure 16.
Note: Users can reset the filter status at any stage.
If you should need the complete and exact model number and manual with parts manual you will need to enter the Model Number here=> Manuals, Guides and Instructions Please rate this solution, Thanks, Sea Breeze
User manual click HERE
Apr 02, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Aug 10, 2010 | GE Refrigerators
Nov 27, 2009 | Maytag MZD2665HE Side by Side Refrigerator
Nov 25, 2009 | Maytag MSD2650H Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 12, 2009 | Jenn-Air 21.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...
Nov 22, 2017 | LG Refrigerators
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!