How do I access the hard drive (to replace) on a Canon imageRUNNER 5000. Where is it located/how do I remove it?
Points to Note When Replacing the HDD
1. Take care to avoid damage by static charge.
2. Keep the HDD unit from impact.
1) Remove the rear upper cover and the
reader rear cover.
2) Remove the three screws , and detach
3) Remove the two screws , and disconnect
the two connectors ; then, remove
the HDD unit.
4) Remove the six screws, and detach
When mounting the HDD unit, be sure that the flat cable is under the plastic sheet of the HDDupper case.
here is a link to the location of the HDD http://i51.tinypic.com/htvitg.jpg
1) Replace the HDD unit.
2) After assembling the machine, connect the power plug to the power outlet.
3) Connect a PC to which the Service Support Tool has been installed.
4) Turn on the PC, and turn on the main power switch while holding down both '2' and '8'
on the keypad.
5) Using the Service Support Tool, format the HDD unit and install the system software.
Nov 16, 2010 |
Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier