Question about Franke Rotondo Series RBN50C Coated Stainless Drain Basket

Open Question

I have a leaking tap but cannot see how to check the cartridge? I can unscrew (by loosening the taps) but there is no sign of where to check for the leak? Can you let me know how to dismantle the tap to check an O ring or a broken cartridge? I can also unscrew the end of the spout where the filter is and O ring, this seems fine but there is still a leak as the tap drips constantly. Thanks. Regards, Tristen.

Posted by on


2 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 659 Answers

SOURCE: tap needs new ''O'' ring on swivelling neck

Usually there is a retaining nut at the base of the spout that unscrews. It looks like apart of the faucet. Once you unscrew the nut, you can pull out the spout exposing two washers that can be replaced. If I had a picture of the faucet, I woul know exactly what to tell you. I'm just using an explanation that are for most faucets. Good luck!

Posted on Mar 31, 2009


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i put the o rings and springs in my old leaking 2 handle faucet

Make sure the water to the tap set is turned off. Remove the hot plug button, use a small knife to pry it out of the top of handle. Remove the screw inside the handle that holds the handle to the cartridge. Use an adjustable wrench to unscrew the tap handle from the base. Once removed, separate the cartridge from the shell (the unscrew from each other). Use the appropriate size and type of screw driver to remove the screw holding in the flat washer. Using a small dull needle or flat screwdriver remove the "O" ring from the valve stem Replace the o ring by just slipping it on. Make sure you clean all areas of the stem and the stem cartridge of old grease and dirt etc. Use new clean valve stem grease on the O ring before re installing into the cartridge. Insert the new washer onto bottom of valve stem, Screw on. While you have it apart look down inside the tap to inspect the valve seat. If its chipped, broken, rusted etc you MUST replace it, if you do not any new parts will sot stop the leak. Valve seat MUST be nice and flat and clean. To remove the seats most taps will require a 3/8" Allan wrench. Push the wrench into the slot of the seat, turn C-Cw to remove, CW to replace. These parts are cheap. If you need to replace the seat, take it with you to H Depot so they can give you the correct one. NOTE: Its best to do the cold at the same time, saves you the trouble of doing it again later. Same applies to the cartridges. You can replace the entire cartridge instead of rebuilding them at only a few bucks each, its much faster and easier.

Aug 10, 2014 | American Standard Plumbing

1 Answer

Leaking sink tap base

If I understand this correctly, you will need to remove the tap handle, the surround which sits against the sink, then the tap body, then unscrew the spindle till it comes free, and replace the o-ring on the spindle.

If the leak is under the sink, or if it is a mixer tap, please clarify that.

Jan 10, 2014 | Home

1 Answer

I have a vitra minimax mixer tap needing a new cartridge. The problem is how to get into the mixer to change the cartridge - any advice on how to get into the tap much appreciated.

I've just done this. It is much the same as stated above. Isolate the water by turning the service valves below the sink 1/4 turn (Off). They look like flat-head screw heads or may have levers on (usually red & blue). Open the tap to check & drain the water in the tap. Below the tap handle there is a little round cap with the (red & blue) hot/cold indicator. This is plastic, so carefully prise it out (plug the sink first!). Now you can insert a 2.5mm Allen key in the hole and loosen a grub screw - you shouldn't need to remove it, just enough to release & remove the lever head. Next, unscrew the domed top. I used duct tape for extra grip as there was a bit of limescale. Now the Hex bolt is exposed. You need a 32mm spanner for this. Maybe grip the tap to avoid damaging it or the sink. Under the bolt is the cartridge. It should just pull out, but I had to struggle. Inspect & change your cartridge or washers - depending on what the problem is. My tap was held to the sink with a couple of bolts and had flexible hoses, so I took the opportunity to loosen the body, clean the limescale ring/dirt under the tap body and remount the it. You may as well clean / descale the other parts too. Now just reverse the above to put the tap back together. Open and close the tap to check for leaks. If there's still a problem, check the cartridge is properly seated and the washers are all good etc.

Sep 15, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

What tool is needed to unscrew/dismantle the Hans Grohe Axor Starck joystick tap; and to stop dripping is there a washer to replace or does one have to replace the whole joystick cartridge? Thanks Craig

This is a pretty difficult model to work on because the bonnet nut is so slim. The way I do it is to dismantle the faucet from the sink. Remove the cap and handle (2mm set screw) and lay the faucet on it's side. Protect the finish by putting it on a towel and lay it on a firm surface such as a table or work bench. Leaving the body and spout on the table, hang the top of the faucet over the edge of the work surface. Carefully lock vice grips onto the nut. Be careful to use just enough tension to secure it to the nut. Dont go too hard, or you will just chew up the nut. Then lightly tap the channel locks with a small hammer or mallet to turn the nut counter clockwise. Do this while pressing down on the faucet body to keep it from jumping. Lots of little taps will loosen the nut which is locked in by mineral deposits from leaking. Once the nut is moving you no longer need to tap it, as it can then be turned by using your hand to turn the vise grip pliars.

Look for an old o-ring in the nut where it meets the top of the cartridge and replace it with the supplied new one. Also replace the two seat washers that sit in the faucet body at the base of the cartridge with the supplied new ones. The newer cartridge will be smaller diameter, but you will see that the height is the same and it works perfectly.

Lastly, if this is all too difficult, Hansgrohe will allow you to send your faucet in under the warranty. We will repair, test, and send it back to you. You can call us at 800-334-0455 for service in USA, or contact us through the web site

Sep 02, 2011 | Hansgrohe 10129 Axor Starck Tall Single...

2 Answers

Leaking faucet

Did you check for debris, and clean it, or for deteriorated seat where cartridge washer bottoms out at tap base. If it has deteriorated too much, and seat is damaged, it won't help to replace cartridge, you will need to replace taps.

Jan 07, 2010 | Hand Tools

2 Answers

How do i stop my faucet from leaking?

It needs either a new washer or a new cartridge. Washers go in conventional taps (US=faucets) and may need the valve seat recutting, cartridges go into ceramic disc taps where off to fully on is just a quarter turn. If your tap has a lever to lift and operate for flow and left and right for temperature then it's a cartridge tap. Washers are expected to fail and be replaced, cartridges are intended to last the entire product lifespan but do sometimes wear out, break or seize due to limescale or dirt in the water supply.

Unfortunately there are so many designs and types that it's not practical to give you a blow by blow account of how to do the job, especially as there's no way to upload diagrams to FixYa. It also seems like you were unaware before asking this question what causes a tap to leak to start with, so it's a fair assumption that this job would currently be beyond your skills. A professional plumber should be able to re-washer or re-cartridge a tap in comfortably under fifteen minutes, so I'd suggest getting a local plumber in to do the job for you. Washers cost pennies, cartridges often cost £5 to £10 and on some taps are a proprietary design which may have no spares availability in which case the tap must be replaced.

Sep 09, 2009 | Kohler K-15076-P-7 Coralais Decorator...

1 Answer

Can't get the glass lightbulb cover unscrewed on my viking dual-fuel 6 burner professional series range

They tend to gall and stick. The easiest way is to tap it with a plastic hammer (not too hard!), and wiggle it. Once you get it to move, work it back and forth; that is, tighten, loosen, tap,tap, tap. tighten, loosen, tap,tap, tap. This should free you up. If it sticks after appearing to start off, reverse again, then continue to unscrew. The hardest part will be the first complete revolution. You'll get it.
Best regards, --W/D--

Aug 06, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

Leaking how do I replace cartriges

well feel the water is it cold or hot then there should be Phillips screw on top the handle you have to pop off decorative cap or some of them unscrew then there be a larger nut unscrew that make sure the water off or you will get wet! that the baby you replace.

Jul 07, 2009 | Banner Faucets Castille 600 Series Brushed...

2 Answers

Shower handle leak

turn off main water in home . turn on tap some where in home to release presser take shower handle off (screw under cap) unscrew the tap with a wrench unscrew on insides you pull out replace washer put all back togethere

Feb 11, 2009 | American Standard 3275.505.099 Colony Soft...

1 Answer

Need to fit ideal standard lever cartridge to mixer tap

hi you 1st need to isolate both hot & cold water supplies to bath.lift the lever up & underneath the lever you will see s screw unscrew it & be careful not let it go down the plug hole, so a good idea at this point is to put in the plug!!!

Once the screw is loosened you will be able to remove the lever.
then there is a cover which will need to be undone & removed seeing as its gold you will have to be careful undoing this as it may be stiff, sometimes a few taps with the endle of a srewdriver handle will loosen it enough so you can remove it. once this is removed you will gain access to the hexagonal part of the cartridge, so yo uwill need to have the appropriate spanner or adjustable spanner. you will need to hold against the tap when undoing it so as the whole tap body doesnt move.once the cartridge is removed the new unit can be fitted in reverse sounds simple but being Gold you have to be careful you dont damage it whilst attempting to remove the old one. Tip put some silicone gtrease around the o rings on the new unit as it will make it easier to remove if you ever have to remove it again?



Dec 15, 2008 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Franke Rotondo Series RBN50C Coated Stainless Drain Basket Logo

Related Topics:

65 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Franke Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

44341 Answers

William Wurtinger

Level 2 Expert

40 Answers

Are you a Franke Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides