I have 3 desktops and one laptop attached to the Microsoft Broadband network....it is detecting the wireless network, However it is not allowing us to sign onto the internet on any of the wireless computers
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First you need to decide what type of broadband and Internet service you require and these are - 1. DSL that uses your existing telephone line. 2. Cable that uses a cable service and can include a cable TV service. 3. A wireless 3G network uses the mobile/cell phone network and can be separate or combine with your cell phone account. This type of Internet connection uses an USB wireless device shaped like an USB memory stick. Note - Combined services generally offer discount pricing and may include a modem/wireless router.
If you use a wireless router with the DSL or Cable Internet service then your laptop with a wireless card can then connect to the Internet. You can also connect to a free WiFi hot spots like McDonalds, Star Bucks, the Airport etc. using the wireless card in your laptop. If you use the wireless 3G wireless broadband service, then you can access the Internet anywhere where your ISP has 3G wireless coverage. You need to check the service coverage area where you need Internet service. Once you decide what type of broadband your require, then you need to check with the various Internet Service providers to see if they can offer and the cost of the various plans. Note the download limits and the associated additional costs if you exceed the monthly download limits. Once you sign up with a Internet Service provider, their documentation will include setting up instructions and/or installation CD.
That's all you need to get your wireless internet up and running. However, in order to connect computers to the wireless network, they must be wireless capable, for example, most laptops have built in wifi, however desktops will need a wireless adapter to take advantage of your wireless router.
Try: Clarify - the desktop is connected with an ether net cable? Is working? Install router software on desktop to manage router. Trying to connect desktop wirelessly? Wireless card installed? Radio activated? Network detected?
You will need to check the wireless settings of the router is there any computer connected to the router ? If yes then you can open the router set up page on that computer. Router set up page is the page where you can check all the wireless settings of the router.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
Ok, you have several options. Go to a website such as bestbuy.com. Type in linksys and look of wireless access points, wireless usb adapters or a wireless desktop adapter. I would go with the third one.
To resolve this issue, turn off Internet Connection Sharing on your network connection:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
2. Click your network connection, and then under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
3. On the Advanced tab, clear the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.
4. Click OK.
5. Restart your computer.
To resolve this issue, remove the network bridge. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click My Network Places.
2. In the left pane, click View Network Connections.
3. Look for any connection that is bridged.
4. Right-click the bridged connection, and then click Remove From Bridge.
5. Repeat step 4 for each connection that is connected with a bridge.
6. When the bridge is removed from each network adapter, right-click Network Bridge, and then click Delete.
7. Click OK.
When the all the bridged connections and the network bridge are removed, the broadband hardware is automatically detected.