Question about LG KU990 Viewty
When using a cable to your computer system with a PC suite and it does not recognize the phone and the cable on the PC, Follow the below step to solve the problem.
Why the cell phone is not being detected by my computer when I connect it?
This may be caused by one of the following:
1. Minimum system requirements were not met.
2. Corrupted drivers.
3. Computer restrictions.
4. Power issue.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:
SOLUTION 1 - For brand new player or first time connecting to this computer.
For Windows XP users: verify the following operating system requirements are met.
- Windows XP SP2 or higher
- Windows Media Player 10 or higher
Download and install the latest Windows Media Player if it's not installed.
For Windows Vista users: If the player is seen in My Computer when using MTP mode, but not showing in Windows Media Player.
- Download the hotfix from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939211.
- Run the hotfix.
For MAC users, see cell phone not recognized by a MAC OS
NOTE: If you are trying to connect to a Computer at work that is part of a network, there may be user right restrictions that are set to disable access to new hardware or stop any program installations. You may need to check with your IT administrator to see if this is causing the problem.
SOLUTION 2 - Refresh the driver
STEP 1 - Connect the cell phone to the PC
The screen on your player should turn on, show 'Connected' and indicate the battery charging or full.
- If the cell phone does not turn on try other USB ports or on another computer if one is readily available. Ensure you are connecting directly to the computer USB port and not to a USB hub.
- If there is nothing showing on the screen and the player does show up in as a storage device in an explorer window, then the screen is just not working.
If you receive the error "USB Device Not Recognized" on the computer, the player is most likely failed. Additional troubleshooting is unlikely to correct the problem.
Additional troubleshooting notes:
If you have done the cell phone and you still have problems getting it to recognize in the computer, then you may need to try some additional troubleshooting.
- Try connecting on another computer.
- Try using a different USB cable
- Try connecting to the back USB ports which may supply better power.
- If only MTP mode is not working, try reinstalling Windows Media Player
For Windows XP install Windows Media Player 11
Posted on Apr 03, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2010 | LG KU990 Viewty
Oct 10, 2010 | LG KU990 Viewty
May 30, 2010 | LG KU990 Viewty
Jan 18, 2010 | LG KU990 Viewty
Aug 12, 2009 | LG CU500 Cellular Phone
Jul 24, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty
Apr 24, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty
Apr 17, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty
Jul 27, 2008 | LG KU990 Viewty
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: