a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 5 different series for the M2000, look underneath your laptop to find the correct series (eg: M2030AP), after doing this - go to the website below and select the appropriate model, choose your operating system, then select the audio driver menu from the drop down list.
The best way to obtain drivers for your Presario is to go to http://www.hp.com and select the auto-detect feature which will automatically detect your computer, ask you for the operating system, Windows XP or Vista and you will be presented with a list of the drivers which will be automatically installed for you. Alternatively you can use this link to manual choose the LAN drivers listed here:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&product=434626
If you need further assistance please repost. Steve Medley
**Even though your computer may SAY that it is a Presario V2000, it may have an entirely different product number for downloading drivers specific to your particular configuration.**
1) Look at the serial code on the back/bottom of your computer: there is a number starting with p/n (ex. p/nEX664UA#APL) This code identifies your computer beyond the V2000 label.
2) Go to the compaq/hp website: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support
3) select "Download Drivers and software(and firmware)"
4) THEN, enter your P/N Instead of "Presario V2000" into the product name/number box, and hit enter.
Select your operating system, and you will be redirected to a page listing all the necessary drivers for your model.
On the left of your screen, you will see a box that says "your product" with a picture of a laptop, and a model number beneath it. THIS IS YOUR ACTUAL MODEL NUMBER (Mine was Compaq Presario V2610CA Notebook PC).
5) Download and install the drivers you need, and gappy geeking!!!
5 in 1 card reader driver:
HP Quick Launch Buttons
To install audio / modem drivers, first download and install Microsoft
Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio