- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First back up all of your music and do this: Turn off the player and make sure it is disconnected from the computer. Then press and hold the play/pause button and turn it on simultaneously. It will then enter recovery mode. Scroll down and select format (all) and let it format and it should work like normal. If it freezes again, then you may need a firmware update.
Hi! I think you should try this (i've already tried it and it works):
1- Unplug your Zen from your Computer.
2-Turn off your Zen (if you can't do it, press the "Reset" button)
3- BEFORE turning on your Zen, press your "Play" button and hold it while you turn on.
4-When a format menu appears, select the "Format All" option (you'll loose all your Zen data).
5-When the format menu reapears, select the "Reboot" option and listo!
You have your Zen as new and should not have problem. Good luck!
Have you tried to load the firmware? First you'll need to download the firmware to your PC from Creative's website: Click here. After you've downloaded it, connect your Zen via USB to your PC and open the firmware icon, then click "Upgrade."
For more detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot your Zen, click here
When your blue light does not blink, but is constantly on, this indicates hardware failure. It is most likely to be your motherboard that is corrupt and will need to be replaced. There are repair services that can replace your motherboard or offer to sell you a replacement motherboard. You should look into it.
did she drop it? you can try this: ·1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. All else failes download the recovery tool from creatives website.