When my son tries to play his guitar all the lights are flashing on it and we cant figure out how to get it working..
The flashing lights on the controller mean the guitar is not connecting to the wireless usb dongle connected to the PS3.
1. Verify that the wireless box is plugged in firmly to the usb port on the front of the PS3.
2. If that doesn't work, look on the wireless usb dongle for the guitar hero guitar controller. (It should be a black box with the guitar hero logo on it. You will find a small push button on the dongle. (Make sure your PS3 is turned on, though your guitar hero game does not have to be open. It may be a good idea to have the game running, so you can test your guitar or make sure it is really working). Press and hold the button on the wireless usb dongle for a few seconds. Five seconds should be enough. Doing this attempts to re-connect the dongle and the controller. You will know when the connection is good when the red lights on the controller go steady, as well as the LED on the small button you pressed on the wireless usb dongle. If either lights continue to blink, there is a connection problem still.
3. Try changing the batteries in the guitar controller. Weak batteries tend to cause connection issues.
4. Test the wireless usb dongle and controller with another PS3. This will rule out an issue with your PS3 system.
5. If the problem still occurs on another PS3, the wireless dongle may have gone bad. (This does happen rarely.) Replacements are cheap to find on ebay
Jan 11, 2011 |
Activision Guitar Hero