Where can I purchase just the wall plug adapter? The male connector that plugs into the charger base broke off while the adapter was transported in luggage. Is this something that can be bought as a third-party device, or should we try to remain with the COBRA brand of adapter?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: Charger / Adapter
Radio shack sales a universal power adapter. <CAUTION> make sure the adapter is set to the correct voltage and that the tip is set to the correct polarity. The only other option is to order the adapter from Cobra.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
common. The contacts are dirty most likely. Unplug the charger, get a small piece of fine or extra fine sandpaper and lightly sand the metal wires you see. They will bend, that is normal. So, slow and careful. Still not working? (also common). The charger base or the charger AC adapter may be bad. If you have another charger, switch the wall adapters. If the base if base, you could try to take it apart and re soldier it yourself, but if it got wet, the game is over. Go to a used donation place, such as the Goodwill to get replacements. They are not sold new without a radio. Also, try another radio in the "bad" charger, it could be the contacts on the back of the radio need cleaning.
What is the input voltage listed on the charger? It is probably on the large transformer that plugs into the wall. If it says 120-240v then you should have been able to use it. If it is only meant for 120v, then you have blown out the transformer and you need to purchase a 240 volt adapter. Tell me what it says and I can help you further.
Check your battery contacts, both on the radio and the charger. Clean with a pencil eraser if needed. It is possible you are not getting good contact. If both radios are not getting charged in a dual well charger, you may have a problem with either the wall adapter or the base. (Assuming your batteries are good.) Wall adapters burn out over time, somewhat like a light bulb.
You do not mention if you are using a wall plug charger, or a drop-in charger. We will give troubleshooting tips for both. To answer your question: If the light comes on and stays on, on the charger your charger is good. You have a radio or battery problem.
The light on the HTN8232 wall charger should come on and stay on when plugged into the radio, with the radio turned off. The fact the light comes on when the radio is turned on indicates your batteries are either no good, too low to charge, or you have a battery contact problem.
Solutions: 1) Clean your battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
2) Be certain the batteries are installed correctly.
3) Check your battery date code (three digit number on back of battery above the stop sign. First number is year, next two numbers are the week of the year. Batteries last about 2 years.)
4) Check to see your new batteries are NiCd batteries. The wall charger method is not compatible with NiMH batteries.
5) Try a charged battery from another radio and see if the charger light comes on and stays on with a different battery.
If you are using a drop-in charger, you would be using the above listed HTN8232 wall plug charger plugged into the tray. Here are some possible solutions for the drop-in charger:
1) Clean the exterior battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
2) Check to see if the wall charger will work when plugged directly into the radio.
3) If the charge capability of the radio seems compromised, take the battery out of the radio and charge it alone in the drop-in charger.
NOTE: Do not use the PTT if you are turn on the radio when plugged into the charger. This will burn out components in your radio.
The SP10 radio is known to be a repairable radio. (Generally around $69 flat rate.)
It seems that ur adoptor is not ok , u can save the money by purchasing any 9 V adoptor, It available for less than 1 USD in our country ..& cut the wires of ur budled adoptor & fix them in correct polarity with the wire connecting the charger base ..( before doing this proces check voltage output from adoptor by using a multimetre.)
The book list the wall adapter to charger NTN1171 as being part number 2580162R01. The description says 13.8VDC 1.5A AC ADAPTER. When googling the part number, it appears someone is selling one on eBay for around $29.99. Retail from Motorola appears to be $125.
If your desk charger is the version that can accommodate 2 units for simultaneous charging, any wall adapter would do as long as it is rated at 9VAC @ 450mA or higher. Since most wall adapters are DC output, you need to open it and remove the diode(s) and capacitor and connect the output of the secondary straight to the wires. Additionally, you need to get one whose plug will match the jack of the desk charger.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Your LXT350 is equipped for using an optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack which can be recharged by inserting the AC adapter into the radio charge jack, or with the optional desktop charger.
I would make sure the radio is off, then insert the charger. Charge only for the prescribed time (no more/no less) and remove from the charger.
Charge time is initially 24 hours. Charge time is about 12 hours thereafter. For maximum battery life, it is recommend charging the battery pack when the low battery icon comes on. Remove the radios from the charger when the charge time expires.