Here is a link to the pdf format owners manual from Uniden for this phone:
You can check, play, or delete messages, even record a new greeting message from a
remote location (when you are away from home, or from another room using a
handset). Additionally, you can turn on or off your answering system remotely.
Remote access away from home
You can operate your answering system from a remote location using any touchtone
1) Call your telephone number and wait for the system to answer. If the answering
system is off, it will answer after about 10 rings and sounds a series of beeps.
2) During the greeting message (or a series of beeps when the answering system is
off), press 0 and enter your PIN code within 2 seconds (see "Setting a PIN Code"
on page 25).
3) The answering system announces the current time and the number of messages
stored in memory. You hear "To play incoming messages, press zero-two. For
help, press one-zero." You will hear a beep.
4) Enter a command within 15 seconds, each command there after must be entered
within 2 seconds. You may select a command from the following chart:
* For the Repeat a Message function, press 0 then 1 within about four seconds to
repeat the previous message, or press 0 then 1 after about four seconds to repeat
the current message.
**For the Memo Record and Greeting Message Record functions, the first time you
enter the corresponding command, the phone starts recording. If you want to
stop the recording, press 0 then 7, 8 or 5.
5) After the command has finished, you hear intermittent beeps indicating that the
system is in the command waiting mode. You may enter another command at this
time from the chart above.
6) When you are finished, hang up to exit the system. The answering system
automatically returns to standby.
Command Function Command Function
0 then 1 Repeat a Message* 0 then 6 Answering System On
0 then 2 Playing incoming Messages 0 then 7 Memo Record/Stop**
0 then 3 Skipping a Message 0 then 8 Greeting Message Record/Stop**
0 then 4 Deleting a Message 0 then 9 Answer System Off
0 then 5 Stop Operation 1 then 0 Help