Pink and white lines is all that will show up when I try to record or play back
I have only used this camera 8-9 times and the flip out screen you look through to see what you are recording has pink and white lines. It will do the same thing when I try to play back what can I do to fix this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This smacks of the same problem that the old VCR's used to have. One of you are out of sync. The tape records on a portion of the tape in a sort of straight line track. Think of it as your track is down 1/16" from the top. The other camera tracks it's video down 1/8" instead. That's why in playback it can't read it. The only cure is a realignment.
I had the same problem with my flip mino HD. Here are the steps I took to fix it.
1. Adjust the power options on your laptop to ensure it does not sleep/hiberate ever.
2. Reset the camcorder by inserting a paperclip into the hole in the
tripod mount. Hold the paperclip in there for about seven seconds.
3. Then immediately plug the flip into the cpu.
4. You may not see anything besides the little blinking white light on
the USB arm for a while (about 30 minutes maybe) but leave it in.
5. Eventually it should spring to life and show the recharging battery
on the little screen (the Flip Share program may start too.)
6. Leave it charging until the little white light stops flashing - full charge about 3 hours.
7. You can then remove the flip and change the power settings back to normal.
the video ribbon inside the camera is torn it is very common with the camera i have one used it maybe 24 times and the lcd screen went from fuzzy to white with lines in it to blank. very common problem with the camera.
I had the problem of the horizontal grey lines with some pixels of pink. I ran the dry head cleaner a few times and the lines became solid grey with the sound now skipping worse than before. I cried, cleaned again, then played the tape. I did this about 4 times and still had no luck.
I then decided to try to record with a new tape around the room to see what would happen. After recording I played the tape back and it worked perfectly. I then went back the old tape that would not play properly and it worked fine! Seems like when I used the record button after cleaning it a few times everything worked fine, wierd.
I have the same issue and have for over a year (haven't had the time to send it to Canon for a few weeks to analyze, but have cleaned it numerous times). But I can tell you that the problem is internittent and the recordings are fine. Eventually, don't know the remedy, but it will suddenly stop doing that and I can download fine, and watch on camera fine. When it does happen, I just keep recording. It never shows up permanently. I re-tyr downloading or viewing and about the 3rd or 3th time (let it sit for a few hours between) it is normal!