Question about PC Desktops
If you can't remember your AOL® Password, you can easily create a new one by verifying information about your AOL® membership.
Only authorized users can change passwords. You can use your AOL®
screen name and password on the AIM® service as well. You no longer
need a separate password to sign in to AIM®. You can also change the
password for your AOL screen name when you are on AIM. If you do so,
you'll need to use your new password to sign on to the AOL® service.
How Do I Reset My Password? If you can't sign on to the AOL® software because you don't remember your password, you can reset your password from the sign on screen. This procedure will work only if you are using AOL® Desktop™ for Mac®, AOL® 8.0 Plus and higher, only for those screen names that show up on the sign on screen, or if you connect with a dial-up modem.
To create a new password by using your AOL® software:
1. On the sign on screen, select the screen name whose password you wish to reset, and then click the Forgot Password? link. The software will dial out to connect to the Online Password Reset facility.
2. In the Word in Image: box, type the letters and numbers that are displayed in the image, and then click Next.
3. In the Your Answer: box, type the answer for your Account Security Question (ASQ) or provide other information required to confirm authorization, and then click Next.
4. Type your new password in both the boxes, and then click OK.
5. Click OK to close the confirmation window.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2015 | Dell PC Desktops
Oct 13, 2013 | PC Desktops
Aug 16, 2013 | HP PC Desktops
Feb 27, 2013 | PC Desktops
Mar 01, 2011 | PC Desktops
Sep 26, 2009 | Dell Precision T3400 375W 32bit Computer...
Dec 18, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jul 17, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 06, 2008 | PC Desktops
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!