Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Troubleshooting and routine maintenace
Posted on Jun 19, 2011
Machine Error 46 - Purged Ink Box Full MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An "initial purge", for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an "Unable to Clean" external message and will be unable to use the printer. The "Unable to Clean" external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.
The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.
If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.
Resetting purge counter MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Get more help and information click here. hope this helps you.
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
The error message CLEAN UNABLE 46 means that the waste pads are needed to be replaced because these are already saturated with ink. Here's the instruction how to replace your Pads:
1. For the Upper set of Pads, you need to take the scanner assembly off. At the back you'll see the upper cover, control panel and the flushing box.
2. The second pad, you need to take out the printer mechanism and platen roller, the bottom plate and the print head.
Once you're done replacing the pads you need to reset the system. Replacing the waste pads will help you resolve the issue.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Apr 02, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2014 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 23, 2013 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-3360c...
Jun 12, 2012 | Brother Ink for Dcp-6690cw and Lc-1100
May 25th, 2011 • Printer
How to Reset Brother DCP 110C, 115C, 120C, 130C, 135C, 145C, 150C, 165C, 185C, DCP 195C Printer:
1. Press the Menu, then Mono Start key then press the UP arrow key 4 times to make the machine enter the maintenance mode and "ERROR 46′ pops-up in the display.
2. Enter maintenance mode 80: Select 8 by pressing the UP/DOWN arrow key and push OK key and select 0 and push OK key
3. Now Press MONO arrow key several times until you see PURGE:XXXXX
4. Select 2 and push OK, Select 7 and push OK, 8 and push OK, select 3 and push OK and the purge counter is now reset to 00000.
5. Press STOP/EXIT key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. Enter code 99 to exit maintenance mode: Select 9 and push OK, Select 9 and push OK.
Jul 24, 2011 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 01, 2010 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 09, 2009 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
1,075 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!