Question about KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand Mixer

2 Answers

Hi, I hope you can advise me in relation to the following. I bought a Kitchenaid mixer from Canada - it operates on a regular 220-240 volt A.C, 50/60 hertz house current. The model is a 5K45SS Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Artisan model. I have just unpacked it and one of the warnings says that I cannot use an adapter. I live in Australia so would appreciate it if you could advise me what I need to be able to do to operate my mixer. Many thanks. Janine Hartshorn

Posted by on

  • jd_hartshorn Apr 02, 2011

    Thank you so much for your prompt reply. A friend of mine is a sparky so I shall consult him.

    Many THanks. Janine


2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • KitchenAid Master
  • 3,740 Answers

The reason they advicse you not to use and adapter is because over time the adapter contacts get weak and start heating up when the mixer is working hard / has a heavy load. You bought it in Canada and I am prettey sure the local electrical codes (as does the UK) prevent the use of kitchen appliance adapters. If you really want to be safe and not concerend you can by a male pin wall plug and install it in place of your current electrical plug on the wall power plug end.

Here is some information you should know:

All you really need is a new male wall plug capable of 15A and have a qualified person install the new plug in place of your current plug. Most any hardware / home supply store should have this male wall plug.

Thanks for choosing FixYa.

Posted on Apr 02, 2011

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • KitchenAid Master
  • 12,061 Answers

No you will be fine, you are not using an "adapter" as such, you mean a Plug Converter, I presume one that alters the 3 Pin arrangement of the plug, so that it can mate with your local 3 Pin outlets.
So all OK, look, as long as it is 220 - 250 V AC then you are all good as that's the Australian standard too. Just make sure you have a good connection with the converter plug.
I wonder if the adapter "They" mean, is a 3 way multi-strip adapter?
If in ANY remaining doubt, then get an electrician to rewire the Plug to Australian standards, will cost very little, i would do it, for a customer, for free...and then you are 100% sure.
The wiring in Canada, and Australia are the same except for Pin out in socket and plug. have a look below all about world plugs.

Posted on Apr 02, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Kitchenaid ksm90 problem

back and forth?
please be in more detail..

Feb 08, 2008 | KitchenAid KHM 3 Gift Pack Mixer

2 Answers

I just bought KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer KSM150PS with 110v and 60Hz online and received it today and realised I cannot use it on australia. Can I use transformer which I can get here to convert 110V...

You need a Step Down Voltage Converter (also called a Voltage Transformer)
which steps down 240, 230, 220 volts to 110 volts and
allows you to use 110 volts Devices from USA in 220 v / 230 v / 240 v Countries

Aug 10, 2011 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

1 Answer

I am trying to replace the worm follower on my Kitchenaid 600. I am having difficulty removing the retaining ring. Is there a special tool for this and where would I find it?

Hi KCORNESS. Those retaining rings can be real pains in the 'you know what'! What you need to aid in their removal (and reinstallation) are a pair of external retaining ring (or sometimes called snap ring) pliers. Google "Retaining Ring Pliers" and you'll find hundreds of hits. If you are near a Home Depot, you can buy a relatively inexpensive pair to do the job. You may want to have both straight and 90 degree inserts Here's one example below:


Good luck, I hope this helps. Howard, Burke, VA, USA

If this solution was helpful, please rate it, thanks! - hslincoln

Feb 13, 2011 | KitchenAid ProLine 600 Stand Mixer

1 Answer

How do I access the gear box?

Hi RJ0804, it’s quite easy to disassembling your mixer (OK, it may require a little bit of effort). Here are links to three excellent websites that detail with pictures the disassembly, re-greasing and reassembly of a KA Mixer.
This will allow you to remove the top housing of the bottom of the mixer and provide you access to the gears within the head of the mixer.
Once you get that done, you will want to have the Part List manual around for the rest of the disassembly. If you're lacking one, you can download it from the KA website at: (
Click on Customer Care>Locate Manuals& Guides> and enter the 6 character model number, in your case KSM150P and select the next to last file KSM150PSWH0.pdf (773.44 KB) (it’s the white model that’s all…) listed under Parts List (61). (Verify that it matches your mixer model, though).
To disassemble your mixer you will need the following tools: a regular & Phillips screwdrivers, snap-ring pliers, a small drift pin punch and a small hammer. By using the exploded views in the Part List manual, you should be able to disassemble, inspect, identify, replace and reassemble your mixer.
Good luck and have fun. I hope this helps. Howard, Burke, VA
If this solution has helped you, please rate it. hslincoln

Jan 10, 2010 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

1 Answer

KitchenAid KSM5PSGR Stand Mixer - attachments not turning

Hi Gail. Kitchenaid no longer has a Parts List for your model. This means that they consider it obsolete. Do an Internet search for parts. You may get lucky. Good luck!

If this solution has assisted you, please rate it. ricardok45

Apr 02, 2009 | KitchenAid KSM5PS Heavy Duty Stand Mixer

1 Answer

"Stir" and "2" mix function no longer operate

Yes, your Kitchenaid mixer and be repaired.

You may use the following link to find a Kitchenid certified service center locally to you:

Dec 30, 2008 | KitchenAid KSM103 Professional 5 Series...

3 Answers

Kitchen aid 110v 450watt, I want to convert to 220v

Hi guys,

The only available Kitchen Aid stand mixers on the European markets are the Kitchen Aid Classic and the Kitchen Aid Artisan.

The best way is to contact a Kitchen Aid service center / repair facility in your area.
Here is the European website of Kitchen Aid:

If you bought a different Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (like the Professional series) you probably won't find the required parts to convert it to a European model. The only way would be to use a voltage converter.

I hope this helps.

Sep 24, 2008 | Food Mixers

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand Mixer Logo

Related Topics:

241 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Food Mixers Experts

Appliance engineer

Level 2 Expert

87 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22095 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Food Mixer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides