I have just purchased a HP 2133 mini-note. On first installation, installation failed and now it just loops and wont do anything. How can I facilitate first installtion bearing in mind there are no disks...
The majority of these PCs have a recovery partition on the internal hard drive, here is the instructions for using it.
Recovering information using Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) can perform a recovery from either an optional external hard
drive or from recovery discs.
CAUTION: Using Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) will completely erase hard drive contents
and reformat the hard drive. All files you have created and any software installed on the computer will
be permanently removed. When reformatting is complete, the recovery process will restore the operating
system, as well as the drivers, software, and utilities from the backup used for recovery.
To initiate recovery using WinRE, follow these steps:
NOTE: This process will take several minutes.
1. If possible, back up all personal files.
2. Restart the computer, and then press f8 before the Windows operating system loads.
3. Select Repair your computer.
NOTE: The "Repair your computer" option is displayed only if the WinRE partition is intact. If the
option is not displayed, refer to “Recovering information using a Windows Vista operating system
DVD (purchased separately).”
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Click Next.
6. Select your user name, type your password (if applicable), and then click OK.
7. If you are using recovery discs, insert the last disc of the recovery disc backup set.
NOTE: Inserting the last disc of the backup set confirms the presence of a valid backup. If you
insert any other disc, the backup will not be recognized.
– or –
If you are using an optional external hard drive, connect it to the computer.
8. Click Windows Complete PC Restore.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
this is getting long , so ill will post more steps in comment.....
Nov 20, 2008 |
HP PC Desktops