Question about Nintendo Wii Console
Error Code: 51420
The Wii console is not able to connect to your wired router or modem.
1. If your connection worked previously, check to see if there is a Wii System Update that you have not aquired. To get the latest Wii System Update:
1. From the Wii's main menu, select the Wii icon along the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select "Wii Settings".
3. Click the left arrow to get to Wii System Settings 3
4. Choose "Wii System Update"
5. Choose "Yes" to connect to the internet and perform a Wii system update.
2. Make sure that you are using the Wii LAN Adapter made by Nintendo (click here for a picture and connection steps). LAN adapters not made by Nintendo likely will not work with the Wii console.
3. Check to make sure you are not running the Wii LAN Adapter from a USB hub (a device that connects multiple USB products through a single device), as this will likely not work. Connect the USB Connector directly to the modem or router.
4. Ensure that the Wii LAN Adapter setup is correct, and that the Wii LAN Adapter was connected with the console turned off. For step by step connection instructions, please click here.
5. Check to see if the ethernet cable you are using is not working properly, by connecting another ethernet cable from your router/modem to the Wii LAN Adapter. If the connection works using a different cable, then the problem was with the first cable.
6. If possible, try another Wii LAN Adapter. If you are unable to try another Wii LAN Adapter, or are still receiving this error code, please call 1-800-255-3700 for assistance.
Posted on Apr 02, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2014 | Netflix
Jul 23, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 22, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 30, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 18, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 08, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 07, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
wii generate lot of network errors ........ so don't worry, you
can solve this easily ..... i got some problem with my wii and its resolved by
the help of Repair Guide
it covers network problems thoroughly so check this out !!
it will definitely helps you CLICK HERE
Dec 29, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 17, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Dec 08, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!