You are right. The plastic screw needs to be removed. I have a Quiet Guard 4. My procedure is as follows:
1. Remove baskets. Need to pop off the 'keepers' at the ends of the top slidding shelf supports.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top.= (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift the whole plastic assembly out. Pop off the screen and clean,
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is one screw at the left front (Star T-15 bit). Remove screw and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter (this is the water blocking problem). It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and lift the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly. I ran a 'quick rinse' cycle with everything out to chean the inside.
Hope there is enough of a similarity to be helpful.
Dec 08, 2008 |