Question about HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
You can send a fax in a variety of ways. Using the control panel, you can send a black and
white or color fax. You can also send a fax manually from an attached phone.
This allows you to speak with the recipient before sending the fax.
To send a basic fax (single- or multiple-page black-and-white fax) by using the control panel.These features allow you to control the pace of your dialing. They are also useful when you want to use a calling card to charge the call and you have to respond to tone prompts while dialing. NOTE: If you need printed confirmation that your faxes were successfully sent, enable fax confirmation before sending any faxes. TIP: You can also send a fax manually from a phone or by using monitor dialing.
1. Load your originals. NOTE: If you are sending a multiple-page fax, you must load the originals in the document feeder tray. You cannot fax a multiple-page document from the glass. 2. Enter the fax number by using the keypad, press Speed Dial or a one-touch speed dial button to select a speed dial, or press Redial/Pause to redial the last number dialed.TIP: To add a pause in the fax number you are entering, press Redial/Pause, or press the Symbols (*) button repeatedly, until a dash (-) appears on the display. 3. Press START FAX Black or START FAX Color. • If the device detects an original loaded in the automatic document feeder, it sends the document to the number you entered. • If the device does not detect an original loaded in the automatic document feeder, the Fax from glass? prompt appears. Make sure your original is loaded print-side down on the glass, and then select Yes.TIP: If the recipient reports issues with the quality of the fax you sent, you can try changing the resolution or contrast of your fax.
Send a fax manually from a phone You can send a fax from a telephone on the same phone line if you prefer to use the keypad on your phone, instead of the keypad on the control panel of the device. You can do this by plugging in a phone into the 2-EXT port on the back of the device. When you send a fax manually, you can hear the dial tones, telephone prompts, or other sounds through the handset on your telephone. This makes it easy for you to use a calling card to send your fax. Depending on how the recipient has their fax machine set up, the recipient might answer the phone, or the fax machine might take the call. If a person answers the phone, you can speak with the recipient before sending the fax. If a fax machine answers the call, you can send the fax directly to the fax machine when you hear the fax tones from the receiving fax machine.
1. Load your originals. NOTE: This feature is not supported if you load your originals on the glass. You must load your originals in the document feeder tray. 2. Dial the number by using the keypad on the phone that is connected to the device. NOTE: Do not use the keypad on the control panel of the device when manually sending a fax. You must use the keypad on your phone to dial the recipient's number. 3. If the recipient answers the telephone, you can engage in a conversation before sending your fax. NOTE: If a fax machine answers the call, you will hear fax tones from the receiving fax machine. Proceed to the next step to transmit the fax. 4. When you are ready to send the fax, press START FAX Black or START FAX Color. NOTE: If prompted, select Send Fax, and then press START FAX Black or START FAX Color again. If you were speaking with the recipient before sending the fax, inform the recipient that they should press Start on their fax machine after they hear fax tones.
The telephone line is silent while the fax is transmitting. At this point, you can hang up the telephone. If you want to continue speaking with the recipient, remain on the line until the fax transmission is complete.
Send a fax using monitor dialing Monitor dialing allows you to dial a number from the control panel as you would dial a regular telephone. When you send a fax using monitor dialing, you can hear the dial tones, telephone prompts, or other sounds through the speakers on the device. This enables you to respond to prompts while dialing, as well as control the pace of your dialing. TIP: If you do not enter your calling card PIN fast enough, the device might start sending fax tones too soon and cause your PIN not to be recognized by the calling card service. If this is the case, you can create a speed dial entry to store the PIN for your calling card. NOTE: Make sure the volume is turned on, or you will not hear a dial tone. To send a fax using monitor dialing from the control panel
1. Load your originals. NOTE: If you are sending a multiple-page fax, you must load the originals print-side up in the document feeder tray. You cannot fax a multiple-page document from the glass. 2. Press START FAX Black or START FAX Color. • If the device detects an original loaded in the automatic document feeder, you will hear a dial tone. • If the device does not detect an original loaded in the automatic document feeder, the Fax from glass? prompt appears. Make sure that your original is loaded on the glass, and then select Yes. 3. When you hear the dial tone, enter the number by using the keypad on the control panel. 4. Follow any prompts that might occur. TIP: If you are using a calling card to send a fax and you have your calling card PIN stored as a speed dial, when prompted to enter your PIN, press Speed Dial or a one-touch speed dial button to select the speed dial entry where you have your PIN stored. Your fax is sent when the receiving fax machine answers.
Posted on Apr 07, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
If you need printed confirmation that your faxes were successfully sent, follow these instructions to enable fax confirmation before sending any faxes. Select either On Fax Send or Send & Receive.
The default fax confirmation setting is Off. This means that the HP All-in-One will not print a confirmation report for each fax sent or received. A confirmation message indicating whether a fax was successfully sent appears briefly on the display after each transaction.
To enable fax confirmation from the control panel
1. Press Setup.
2. Press 2, and then press 3.
This selects Print Report and then selects Fax Confirmation.
3. Press to select one of the following, and then press OK.
Off Does not print a fax confirmation report when you send and
receive faxes successfully. This is the default setting.
On Fax Send Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you send.
On Fax Receive Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you receive.
Send & Receive Prints a fax confirmation report for every fax you send and
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 03, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Aug 14, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 4315 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 17, 2009 | Lexmark F4270 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
Dec 10, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 10, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
431 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!