Question about Intel Motherboard
The most common cause is that setup does not have the driver for a SCSI device or is detecting storage devices in the wrong order, such as that CD-ROM drive first.
Press F6 when setup first starts and provide a driver for the mass storage device that will hold the operating system files.
Check to make sure all adapters and controllers are working properly.
Check power to all devices. Reseat adapters and controllers.
For SCSI devices ensure:
1. The SCSI cabling is properly installed.
2. SCSI devices are terminated.
3. SCSI devices are correctly addressed. And
4. The BIOS correctly recognizes all SCSI adapters.
Also, be sure the SCSI boot drive is addressed as 0.
Check the manufacturer's recommedation for configuring SCSI adapter and Hard Disk Drives. Try replacing the adapter before replcing the drive(s).
For EIDE Drives:
1. Check the controller.
2. Ensure file I/O and disk access are set to standard. And
3. Ensure that the system drive is the first device recognized by the controller.
For IDE and ESDI drives:
1.Check the cabliing and controller.
2. Check the Drive setup in the BIOS for master/slave relationships. And
3. Ensure the drive is properly recognized in the BIOS.
Gimme acknowledge by rating me.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2010 | Asrock P4VM8 Motherboard
Nov 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 21, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
Jan 29, 2008 | EPoX EP-8RDA3I Pro Motherboard
Jan 28, 2008 | Intel D945GNT Motherboard
Jan 17, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!