Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I figured out the problem with my printer. If none of your ink cartridges are detected (missing) then follow the install steps below.
1. Turn on printer
2. After printer declares cartridges missing open the printer and remove the cartridges (advise putting a piece of paper under the cartridges to catch any ink that spills).
3. Turn off the printer (keep the top of the printer open)
4. Turn on the printer (still with the top of the printer open)
5. After the printer declares the cartridges missing again install the cartridges (while the printer is powered on). Close the top of the printer.
6. The printer should begin to cycle the ink into the printer and back out to the ink reservoirs.
7. After the ink cycle the printer should display genuine ink cartridges are installed
8. Make sure paper is in the tray so the printer can perform an alignment.
9. Everything should be ok after that.
Posted on Oct 09, 2014
You can go to HP's site and find that you have a problem with one or more of your ink cartridges see:
It states: " Ink cartridge problem
Cause The indicated ink cartridge(s) are missing or are damaged.
Solution Replace the indicated ink cartridge(s) immediately so that you can resume printing.
If there are no ink cartridges missing from the HP All-in-One, the ink cartridge contacts might
need to be cleaned.
If there are no ink cartridges missing from the HP All-in-One, and you still receive this message
after cleaning the ink cartridge contacts, you might have a damaged ink cartridge. Contact HP
customer support." Go to:
Basics Guide 29
Troubleshooting and support
Posted on Apr 01, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
show me a massage Cartridge error, refer to device documentation for troubleshoot printer model hp officejet 5610 all -in- one what is the problem and how do i solve thnk you
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Check to see if the installed cartridge is the correct one for the printer. If the cartridge is the proper part number, remove the ink cartridge and make sure all the packaging tape has been removed from the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge. Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again.
If the error continues, remove the cartridge again and clean the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge, and the contacts inside the printer, by following the instructions below:
1. Use a clean, dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Locate the copper-colored circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wipe the copper-colored strip with the dry cloth. Use an upward motion, from the nozzle end to the top of the cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the nozzle plate. Wipe the contacts only once.
3. To clean the printer contacts, carefully look for fibers or contamination on the electrical contacts inside the carriage assembly, but do not wipe the printer contacts with any object. The contacts in the printer can be damaged if too much pressure is applied during a wiping process. Try to remove any visible attached debris within the carriage assembly by gently pulling the debris off with your fingers. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, contact the Customer Care Center listed in the printer's User's Guide.
Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again. If the error continues, the cartridge may need to be replaced.
Hope this helps. Please rate my response.
Have a good day
Posted on Mar 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2011 | HP J3680 Officejet All In One Printer
Mar 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 23, 2010 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 01, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
May 22, 2009 | HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer
Jan 17, 2009 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Mar 27, 2008 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 10, 2008 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
739 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!