Question about Singer Sewing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
Good that you changed the needle. Did you rethread just the needle or did you rethread the machine? You may have already taken these steps, but if not, here is what I would suggest:
1. Replace the old needle (which you did), even if it looks ok, as it may be bent or have a tiny burr or other damage that isn't easily visible. Make sure the needle is seated properly - facing forward and fully inserted.
2. **Completely rethread the machine, making sure the thread is going through the take-up lever. It can easily pop out when the machine jams, and you can't always see that the thread is out of place. That could explain why the thread doesn't loop properly around the bobbin.
3. Remove the bobbin and clean any knotted thread or lint from around the bobbin carrier. Canned air is great for cleaning the lint.
4. Replace the bobbin, making sure the thread-end is clipped neat, not frayed or knotted.
5. Try sewing on some practice fabric to make sure the stitches are going to form properly before returning to your sewing project.
Posted on Apr 01, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2016 | Singer 7258 Stylist 100-Stitch Electronic...
May 23, 2016 | Singer Stylist 7258 Electric Sewing...
May 12, 2016 | Singer Stylist 7258 Electric Sewing...
Sep 01, 2014 | Singer Sewing Machines
Mar 05, 2014 | Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine
Sep 06, 2013 | Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
Apr 15, 2013 | Singer Sewing Machines
Nov 06, 2012 | Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
Mar 11, 2011 | Singer Sewing Machines
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: