Question about Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: uniden dect 6.00
handset dies or cuts off frequently during calls or when talk is pressed to answer even when fully charged and right in front of the base unit. Beyond frustrating.
If I hadn't lost the reciept, I'd return this useless phone in an instant.
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
I had a similar problem which I finally fixed. You did not say if any of your phones registered.
First try the following recommended by Uniden Support:
Your phone(s) should be fully charged before putting them on the main base.
Unplug the battery from the phone by removing the battery cover and removing the connector. Then, push the # and * key together and hold while you plug the battery back in (requires some dexterity). Continue to hold the two keys until you hear a confirmation tone. This will force the phone to reregister. Put the phone on the main base (if you are sure it has a fully charged battery) and see if it will reregister it to solve the problem.
That did not work for me. So, I followed the instructions to de-register the handset (even though it hadn't really registered). But, I also pretended like the Base was not available (because using the base in this step also failed).
1) Press and hold the hang up and # keys for at least 5 seconds.
2) Move the cursor to select Base Unavailable and then press Select.
3) Select the base you want to deregister from, press Select and then move the cursor to Yes and select.
This causes the phone to delete any of its base information.
At this point, again insure that your phone shows the battery is fully charged and if it is not, put it on the stand alone charger base (not the main base). With the battery fully charged, place it on the base and try registering again by placing it in the main base.
If neither of these approaches help, contact support at Uniden.com.
However, my problems were cleared when I cleared the handset with the second set of instructions.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
SOURCE: After charging a Uniden 2180-2 DECT 6.0, the base stope showing anything on its display. As for the other handset, their display report " searching" since they can' t connect to the base. What is goin
Reset Procedure for Cordless Phones
What is the general reset procedure for cordless phones?
1. Disconnect Battery from handset(s)
2. Disconnect Phone Cord from wall jack
3. Disconnect Phone cord from base unit
4. Disconnect AC adapter from wall outlet
5. Allow to sit for 30 min
6. Reconnect Phone Cord to base
7. Reconnect Phone cord to wall jack
8. Reconnect AC Adapter to wall outlet
9. Reconnect Battery to hanset until you click or feel the plug snap into place
10. Re-Register Handset by placing on main base in most instances
Posted on May 05, 2009
When you select register on the base, you need to press and hold # on the phone... the instructions below worked for me, finally, to get the stupid waterproof handset registered. whew!
Registering the Handset
If you have purchased this accessory handset separately, it must
be registered to the base before you can use it.
• The handset must be fully charged before attempting to register.
• Only one handset can be registered at a time.
1) If the other base has an LCD display:
• With the phone in standby, press [Menu/Select] on the base. Press [down] to move the cursor to REGISTER HANDSET and then press [Menu/Select]. HANDSET
If the other base does not have an LCD display:
• Disconnect the base AC adapter. Then press and hold
[find hs] or [find] while you reconnect the adapter. Keep
pressing [find hs] or [find] until the charge/in use LED
starts to blink.
2) On the handset, press and hold [#] until the handset beeps and displays HANDSET REGISTERING.
3) When the handset finishes registering, it shows REGISTRATION COMPLETE in the display.
Posted on Jul 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2017 | Uniden Lands Phones
Jul 15, 2012 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
Jul 29, 2011 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jun 22, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 02, 2011 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
Mar 21, 2011 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
Aug 11, 2010 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
Sep 12, 2009 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
Jul 07, 2009 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
290 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: