Question about Sharp DT-400 Multimedia Projector
Make sure you are punching the right buttons on the circle of buttons. There are inside buttons and outside buttons.
It took me several tries until I realized I was pushing the outside ones instead of the inside ones. Once I carefully looked at the button setup, I had no problems.
Posted on Apr 06, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I unplug my cord, waited for 5 minutes, then reconnect cord holding the power button at same time, released, then proceded with input, left arrow, enter, right arrow and depress power button again holding for 15 seconds, then released. projector warmed up showing the "0000H" on the bottom left of screen...that's how mine worked today.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
hold down menu, enter, and down arrow, then press power. this is the only way to reset the lamp timer. if it won't turn on and there are no leds lit, you may have to reset the bimetal breaker. to do so, remove the 6 bottom screws and the top 2 screws on the back panel, and remove the top case. on the front side of the lamp housing, you will see a red button. press it. if it clicks, it is reset. if it doesn't, it wasn't tripped, and you have a power supply issue.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
try turning off the projector, disconnect the power cord and remove the lamp again. then press the power button for about 10 seconds to fully drain power. afterwards, connect/insert the lamp again making sure it is securely connected with the cover, power on the device and attempt to reset the lamp time again. let us know how it goes.
Posted on Dec 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2012 | Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Laptop
Jun 25, 2011 | Panasonic PT-52LCX66 Projection Television
Jun 07, 2011 | Cameras
1. Turn the power off, wait until the power indicator turns off blinking red, then unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and confirm that the area around the lamp unit has cool down.
2. Remove the front cover procedure. Place your finger tips under the cover and pull it from the projection display.
3. Before loosening the lamp cover screw, first read the caution and warning labels in the lamp cover. Then loosen the lamp cover screw by using a screwdriver.
4. Loosen the lamp unit screw with a screwdriver. Then grasp the lamp unit, Figure 2, by the lamp unit handle and slowly remove it from the projection display.
5. Insert the new unit being careful being careful of the insertion direction. Press in the arrow mark making sure insertion is done correctly.
6. Replace the lamp unit and cover screw. Tighten the unit cover screw with a screw driver.
a. Properly dispose of the old lamp. Please see the operating instruction of the projection display unit.
b. NOTE: attached the lamp unit and lamp unit housing door securely. If the lamp unit and the lamp unit housing are not attached securely, the protective circuit will be activated and the lamp will not turn on.
7. Replace the front cover.
The second step, after lamp replacement is to follow the three steps procedure described below:
Warning: Perform lamp time reset only when the lamp has been replaced.
In order to complete the lamp time reset procedures:
1. Be sure the power cord is plugged into a properly grounded wall outlet. Then, press the POWER button the projection display or the remote control to turn the unit on.
2. While pressing the VOL - button, hold down the PIP or the SPLIT button on the remote control at the same time for more the 5 seconds.
3. When the reset procedure is complete, the projection display screen will show the following message "Lamp time was reset to 0."
1. The writing in the screen may be different from the actual screen described above.
2. When lamp time reset is finished, the lamp indicator goes out.
Feb 23, 2011 | Panasonic PT-50LCZ70 50" HDTV
Aug 13, 2010 | Sony KDS-50A2000 50" HDTV
Mar 09, 2009 | Sony KDF46E2000 46" Projection HDTV
Apr 12, 2008 | Zenith E44W46LCD 44" Rear Projection...
Oct 31, 2007 | Sharp Projector lamp Projector Lamp
Nov 29, 2006 | LG LP XG2 Multimedia Projector
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!