Will not turn on how do i reset it , what button do i press to do it thank you
I unplugged my e250 from my stereo (it was working great), the speakers popped and the screen went black. Now it will not turn on -- connected to a USB port or not. It seems completely dead.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1 Hold down STEREO on the Front Panel
"Factory Preset" appears on the front panel
2 Press STEREO to select the desired setting.
'Reset' To reset to factory presets
'Cancel' to cancel without making changes
3 Press STANDBY/ON to confirm your selection
Try unplugging the unit for 10 minutes, then plug back in and try it. If the unit just has a fault this will reset it and it should work. If it does not solve your problem I have a tip at http://www.fixya.com/support/r4425498-basic_standard_tv_troubleshooting which explains the troubleshooting process and should help you isolate the problem. Let me know if you need more help. Thanks for using FixYa and for the great rating.
First, try a soft reset. Do this by pressing the center button and the up volume button simultaneously and try turning it on. If that does not work for you, you will need to get a micro sd card (it can be a dummy) and insert it into the slot on the side of the mp3 player. If you do not have one, you can use one of the round edges of a paper clip (be careful) to get it to come on. When you put either in, it should come on automatically, but if not, just press the power button. This should work.
I just plugged connected my e260 via synch cord to my PC and imdiately changed my mind, unplugging it. Froze it with green connecting arrows, but no "connecting" title at the top. Upon pressing the power button, the device screen went blank as if off (but I could just barely see that it was still on).
Pulling the battery worked to reset it. It restarted when I turned it on again and is now synching.
Switch your Sansa e250 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the e250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode" (if the LCD remains black, keep pressing long enough -- about 10 seconds -- then proceed to the next step)
5. Connect your e250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa e250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the e250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa e250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
or use this Sansa Firmware Updater link:
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player (or find the most updated firmware) and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your e250 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your e250 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
I hope this helps.
To Reboot your sansa e250 without removing batteries . Switch to hold position ( right beside headphone jack ) Press and hold menu and rec buttons at the same time untill screen resets. On my player lock up usually happens when it hits a corrupt song - try to delete and reload the culprit to minimize future lock ups. Hope this helps someone out there.