Question about Randell 2010 Solid Door Commercial Refrigerator
Examine the NEW door seal, on the back of the seal, not the flat magnetic face you should see an arrow head shape. If this is correct then
FIRST READ ALL OF THIS
1. Switch off and unplug the fridge. Clean around the old seal with a toothbrush and hot soapy water, get right into where the old seal meets the door, inside and outside to remove all the old grime etc. This can hold the seal in quite tightly.
2. Gently pull at one of the corners, it helps if the seal is warm, eventually you should get a corner come free, then steadily work your way along the edge of the seal all the way round until it comes off.
3. Again get in there with the old toothbrush and hot soapy water and get the groove clean, it will make fitting the new seal easier.
4. This is the difficult bit (you are going to get sore thumbs) Steadily push one top corner of the arrowhead into the groove, if possible get someone else to hold it there, then push the next top corner into the groove, its really inportant to get the corners in first.
5. Work from one corner towards the other and stop at the middle.
6. Go to the other corner and again work towards the middle, try not to stretch the seal.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each ot the other 3 sides
8. Go back to the corners and with a flat wooden popsicle (lollipop) stick or similar (nothing sharp or you will wreck the seal) check from the outside that the arrowhead is completely seated.
9. Work all around the seal with your thumb pushing the seal firmly into the slot, then go gently around the outside and inside edges as in 8
10. Close the door, you may see that the seal is not completely flat but it will settle over the next day or so.#
11. Plug in and switch on the fridge.
12.Wash and dry your hands and open a beer, you earned it
Best of luck
Posted on Apr 14, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2012 | 1996 Chevrolet Suburban
Oct 02, 2011 | Randell Refrigeration 27'' Undercounter...
Aug 13, 2011 | Refrigerators
Dec 07, 2010 | 1993 Ford F250
Jan 19, 2010 | GE GTS18HCM Top Freezer Refrigerator
Nov 25, 2009 | Refrigerators
May 04, 2009 | 1992 Chrysler New Yorker
Mar 17, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Feb 01, 2008 | Randell 47 cu. ft. / 1331 liter Commercial...
Nov 26, 2007 | Kenmore 24 in. 16259 / 16254 / 16252...
Oct 21, 2017 | Refrigerators
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: