Question about Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet Printer
Resetting purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Mar 31, 2011
Testimonial: "At first , I thought what **** is this then I tried it and it reset my printer and my printer printed. Thanks so much you saved me money!"
Solution #1 did not work for me. I had same "unable to clean" mess. What worked I took a paper towel and gently sucked up a bunch of ink from the little black ink pad located near the back left side after you open the lid as if you were going to change your cartridge. This must be what the printer uses to clean the print head. After I closed the lid it started cleaning. Then it said paper jam. So I took the back cover off and cleaned back there but there was no paper jam. Tried to press stop/exit but still said paper jam. So I upluged the printer for 1 min. and that cleared the paper jam mess. Wal la I'm printing again! Hope this works for someone else too.
Posted on Oct 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2010 | Brother DCP-7030 Digital All-in-One Laser...
Aug 26, 2010 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Jul 13, 2009 | Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Jun 01, 2009 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 27, 2009 | Brother MFC-5440CN All-In-One InkJet...
If trying to Print in Word 2003 - 2002 - 2002
Click on tools > options > Print tab > Uncheck Back Ground Printing. Click on ok. Try Printing.
If you are trying to Print from Word 2007.
Click on Office button > Word options > Advanced > Locate Print options and uncheck Backgound Printing click on ok. try Printing
Oct 19, 2007 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
970 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!