My problem is that my fryer gets to hot. To the point that it burns clothes. I have removed all lint buid up in the dryer and the vent. I have replaced the flame sensor, thinking that was acting as thermcouple. What else get it be?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove the lint screen from the GE electric clothes dryer. 2
Roll the lint from the screen with your hand. If the lint screen is clogged with fabric softener, fill a sink with hot water and add 1 to 2 tsp. dish soap.
Scrub the lint screen with a soft-bristle brush and soapy water. Rinse the lint screen thoroughly and shake off any excess water. Set the lint screen aside to air dry while you clean the dryer exterior. 4
Dampen a cloth with warm water and wring it out. Wipe over the GE electric dryer exterior to remove any lint, dust or product residue. If the dryer is very dirty, dip the cloth in the soapy water and wipe away any spots. 5
Wipe the GE clothes dryer with a towel to dry. Replace the lint screen when it's completely dry.
Frequently there's an obstruction in the vent duct from the dryer to the outside of the house. For the dryer to heat properly, the duct must be clean and clear of lint or any other substance. Your dryer's heating element may be partially burned out. If it is, your dryer still heats, but at such a low temperature that it takes three or four times as long to dry the clothes. If the element is partially burned out, replace it. Your dryer has some internal ductwork. If it gets clogged, your dryer can't dry properly. In most dryers, to get to the internal ductwork to clear the clog, you have to substantially disassemble the dryer. A quick way to check for internal clogs is to remove the lint filter and use a flashlight to inspect the inside of the duct. If it looks clogged and you can't clear it using your vacuum.
If the clothes have a 'burned' smell, likely, the air flow through the machine is restricted and getting too hot. Vacuum out the exhaust hose and the outside vent of lint. Reach inside the machine's air outlet pipe and vacuum all that you can reach. Remove the lint filter and wash it in hot water and detergent to remove fabric softener deposits. Vacuum below the lint filter opening as far as you can reach and inside the door cavity (be careful of sharp edges!). Hope this helps!
Have you checked your outside vent while it was running to see if the dryer was venting 100%. If your clothes are hot and humid I would say clean your vent pipe has a blockage and needs to be cleaned out. Also as far as the burning smell you could take the front off (unplug first) the dryer of by removing 4 screws one above and one below the latch and two at the bottom and there are two clips one at the top left and right push in with a puddy knife and lift the top up a couple inches and lift the front up off the bottom holders. Then you will have access to vacuuming the lint that is floating around the burner.
You have a serious clog somewhere in your dryer exhaust ventilation. I would recommend you STOP using the dryer immediately and clean both the interior and all the vent ducting from where it exits the dryer to where it exits the home. the burning is coming from lint build up in and around the heating element and its beginning to smolder. This is a potential fire hazard and may end up causing the heating circuits to fail. The condensation comes from the the inability of the hot air (which is mixed with humidity from your clothing) condensating inside the vent duct. The lint starts to collect and get wet to the point of saturation. Then it begins to cause water to form and leak out of the ducting and on to your floor. You do not want this condensation inside the dryer where the heating circuits are. The following link will provide with some guidance for future reference: