Question about Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
First off whoever told you jet dry causes streaks has not been repairing dishwasher like I have for the last 40 years. All I will say is use the Jet Dry even with a water softener. Buy the little hanging mini-basket type ones and replace them as they are consumed.
Water flow problems are what cause streaks. The water flow problems can be caused by several things:
1. Clogged spray arm holes (Clean wash arms)
2. Sump inlets that are blocked with debris or plastic (Clean inlets)
3. POOR DRAIN FUNCTION ( a. Inspect all parts of the drain going backward from the sink connection
1) The sink connection is uaually at the side of garbage disposal. Remove the hose from the sink connection and clean out the port.
2) The AIR-GAP is the where 75% of the drain restrictions mainfest. Lift off the Air-Gap cover then unscrew the inner cap nut NOTING the installed position of the inner cap because you can only install it ONE WAY. Lift off the cap and remove an debris inside. Use a flashlight and inspect for any debris deep inside the Air Gap,
3) Inspect the Drain hose from the Air Gap to the Dishwasher drain hose connection for any kinks or folds. If you note wither a kink or a fold take a stick over the outside of the hose like you were putting on a splint.
4) Remove the drain hose from the dishwasher connection and inspect for debris. Clean as necessary. Just note there is power under the dishwasher that can reach out and grab you so make sure the power is off before working under the dishwasher.
Reassemble everything power it up, use the Jet Dry and let me know how the dishes turn out.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Posted on Mar 31, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2015 | Maytag Dishwashers
May 19, 2015 | Maytag Dishwashers
Aug 07, 2010 | Dishwashers
May 06, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603 Built-in...
Mar 22, 2009 | Dishwashers
Mar 18, 2009 | Dishwashers
Dec 26, 2008 | GE 24 in. GSD6660GSS Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 26, 2008 | Dishwashers
Feb 15, 2008 | Dishwashers
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: